Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So after 11 years of quake, there's still remains
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:55 am 

I am so pleased that shmack is up, I live in australia(the home of one of the greatest quake players to ever play and a name that was feared by many quakers, Reload.) and I used to be a consistant dedicated player, and it used to be hours and hours of fun, ruined my school career (lol).

Now servers in australia, your lucky to even get one game, and even if you do get one game, the players that are still playing are the real die hard champs of the game, and they are basically impossible to beat, the dead accuration of their aim is unbelievable. So even if you do get a game, you just get wholloped which is no fun :P, now in shmack rune server, i varey a ping of 250 - 300, and it's hard to move and shoot, but thaaaankgod for runequake, runes give me the power to get kills no matter how lagged I am, and the fact that the server is mostly full is so great, I'm pleased to see that the dedication is still alive, and its the only normalquake (not quakeworld) server i know of, i thought that died long ago, but what one question gets me is, why do you guys prefer normal quake so much
is it the phsyics
or because its the original
or because its easier

Anyway, i'm just showing some appreciation, that they are still so many dedicated people to keeping it alive (Slotzero for eg) and the players that keep it reaal and fun.

Only problem is we have opposite timelines, so i gotta play during the day to frag you monkies, anyway, i'll see you guys on the server, and when i jump in, your gonna get fragged by my sorry high pinging ass :P

Post subject: Re: So after 11 years of quake, there's still remains
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:50 pm 

SPEKYR[Z] wrote:
Now servers in australia, your lucky to even get one game, and even if you do get one game, the players that are still playing are the real die hard champs of the game, and they are basically impossible to beat, the dead accuration of their aim is unbelievable.

Yeah, that's one problem in Quake on a whole. That and map mastery.

Quote:
now in shmack rune server, i varey a ping of 250 - 300, and it's hard to move and shoot, but thaaaankgod for runequake, runes give me the power to get kills no matter how lagged I am, and the fact that the server is mostly full is so great

One of the strengths of Rune Quake, fun for everyone and everyone can get a few frags in. ;)

Quote:
I'm pleased to see that the dedication is still alive, and its the only normalquake (not quakeworld) server

There are around 90 normal Quake servers, about 75 in the USA, 10 in Brazil and 5 or 6 in Europe.

If you go to QuakeOne.com, a site dedicated to original Quake (non-Quakeworld), we have 800 members, mostly part-time players and there is a server list.

http://www.quakeone.com

Still, Rune Quake is good enough to be someone's only server and for a number of players, it is.

Rune Quake pretty much the undisputed champ of mods. It's so bug-free (and feature filled).

Quote:
why do you guys prefer normal quake so much
is it the phsyics or because its the original or because its easier

For me personally, a number of things feel all wrong about Quakeworld. The firing, the prediction, the particles aren't right (particularly noticeable if try the Quakeworld version of RuneQuake), the shotgun blasts don't have spread. The bunny hopping bug/feature/exploit (depending on point of view) also is something I feel detracts from essentials game.

It's really just personal preference, but if I have 70 ping and a good connection to a server, NetQuake/Normal Quake is just about the same as real-time Quake with 0.05 ms delay.

Sorry, there aren't really any NQ or RuneQuake servers in Australia. You aren't the only Australian that plays at Shmack ;) Rimmer is from Australia and there have actually been 5 or 6 others in the past.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:44 pm 

SPEKYR[Z] wrote:
...why do you guys prefer normal quake so much...

Check out the following thread for some responses:
http://forums.runecentral.com/viewtopic.php?t=1272

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:47 am 

my other mate MoGUNZ aka Kayote[B15] (yes there was a bananas in pyjamas clan back in the day and they were unbeatable) and he tells me he jumps in, but we must be going in on different times

im keen to play against these other aussies, see if i can beat them

it's understandable now that you do mention the aiming for quakeworld, i used to be a dueler and only a dueler, and got pretty good at one stage, now i can understand, quakeworld = competitive play NQ = old classic good ol fun

I must say ill just make shmack my only quake server, and be dedicated, see if i can master this ping into a new level.

Is there any updates happening in rune, or is slotzero just waiting for more and more ideas to come across?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:36 am 

PS, I know there is a website that keeps records of how many frags you get on shmack.net, I was just wondering what the URL is

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:29 am 
Site Admin

http://www.gamestatus.net/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:12 pm 

you my friend are worth your weight in gold

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:23 pm 

LOL i cant find me anywhere, I must be real bad at the game, but i swear i do ok most of the tiem though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:35 am 

Does anyone know where I can get standword network card drivers? I have a HP computer bought off the internet and it came with no drivers and I had to reinstall Windows so it reformatted.

Not too sure what type of network card it is, it just appears to be some little silver cube rather than one of those slots

any ideas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:00 pm 

alright!! i upgraded my internet conncetion so i can have a better ping over there

be afraid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:47 am 

Wow... I have not been around for a very very long time... but I have recently started getting back into the games and thought I would stop by to see if there are still some familiar names... and I still see some...

Who knows, maybe one day soon I will be on the server trying to shake the rust off of good ole "QB the Killer"

QB