Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for .dem parser
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:20 am 

Hi guys,

I have a few quake .dem files that I would like to convert into either a .mpg or .avi file. I have found a couple of sites that suggest there is such a thing that exist, but all of the links are dead. I have tmpeg, virtual dub, and many other video tools to manipulate and convert media, but nothing that handles .dem's.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance!

CrAzIcRaCkEr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:48 am 

You are looking for this.

Also I would try VirtualDubMod for compression/editing/effects/etc.

Post subject: Cool!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:08 am 

Cool! I was looking for another utility to help me encode some DVD chapters. I have a few DVD rippers and decoders, but nothing that converts .avi into chapters and VOB's (at least I don't think). Geez, there are SOOOOO many tools out there now to encode, decode and multiplex movies that I seem to use 3+ utilities to achieve my goal. Kinda wish there was a Wonder utility to do it all.

I have a bunch of old family xmas videos that I want to copy from some old beta tapes. Since nobody in my family has a beta machine anymore, no one can watch them. This is going to be a christmas gift for my family this year. I have really never tried my hand at something like this and hope that I have all the tools needed. Further a friend of mine said that their are different types of DVD's now. There is a -R and +R. I have no clue what this is all about. My best guess is that -R reverses the lands and pits on the DVD, i.e. usually land = 0, pit = 1 for the +R and land = 1, pit = 0 for the -R. But like I said, dunno. He also said that most DVD players only play one or the other. (he forgot which)

DVD's holds about 7.x GB on one side. On my Ocean's Eleven DVD the entire movie, featurettes, and a commentary all fits on the DVD. This seems to be normal, but the commentary is with Andy Garcia, Brad Pitt, and Matt Daemon watching the full-length moving and freely commenting about it. So, the DVD is holding about 3 hours of video. I really don't know how much a DVD can hold in realtime and am anxious to learn this. I do have alot of beta tapes to encode :roll:

Finally, have you heard about the new DVD/CDR/Divx players coming available on the market? I was recently shopping for a new DVD when I ran across one. Divx rocks! I hope that it catches on as much as VCD/SVCD's have.

Chuck, are you into everything with PC's? It seems the more I read the discussion boards the more knowledge you seem to have and about a wide-array of subjects. Which version of Linux do you run? (just curious) Do you do any DVD ripping? If yes, I would appreciate any comments on this subject matter.

Thanks again Chuck! :D

CrAzIcRaCkEr