Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rune Ideas
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:39 pm 

Yeah Im thinking again and its like LOL

- Flash Bomb Rune

Blind your enemies with each explosive grenade that you throw at them!

- Dash Rune

Quickly dash forward either on the ground or in the air. Like the one from the Mega Man X series.

- Charge Rune

Hold the attack button down for a certain length with either the shotgun, super shotgun, grenade launcher or rocket launcher. Release the attack button to fire a more powerful shot with it. Like the one from the Mega Man X series.

* Rockets have a stronger blast and a wider blast radius.
* Stronger shotgun/super shotgun shots.

- Back 2 Square One Rune

Set purple traps that look like deathspots/ice trap thingies. Whoever trips over them goes back to where ever they last respawned and lose all their weapons.

- Farsight Rune

Improved version of the Sniper Rifle. You can see through walls and shoot through walls with this. But you have to stand still for this to work.

- Full Clip Ammo Rune

Set any kind of ammo for your opponents to pick up. If they pick it up, any weapon they shoot will have to shoot all their ammo for that weapon at 5 times the rate of normal firing. They cannot switch weapons during that time.

- Shambler Spots Rune

Another version of Death Spots. Whenever your enemies run over it, a shambler telefrags the person and attacks anyone it sees. It also has quad damage.

- Shock Buffer Rune

Any balistic weapon that you fire will cause your opponent to be knocked back. Eliminate that entirely with this rune.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:32 pm 

That Shambler Spot Rune idea is a great idea! Ever think of changing that to Chthon? :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:07 am 

The flash bombs were once used back about 5 years ago. It was the alternate to the grenade and would blind people in a room. It is now the gas grenade. If memory serves me correctly there is a way to defeat the flash bombs in your config.

I like the Dash rune idea, almost like getting the coffee weirding?

We did have a ballistic rune at one time that shot 2 or 3 rockets at once. But I like your rune idea better. It would be a campers dream rune actually.

Back two squares rune. Don't know if this is possible. It would require a new array to track people.

The farsight rune is impossible because of the way the quake engine is developed. The quake engine does not transmit a person information about another person when they actually can not see them. There are reasons for this. If you get 16 guys in one room shooting it out, there is not enough bandwidth available for everybody. Most people simply wake up dead after lagging out until the war is over. Dial-up users just freeze.

Full Clip Ammo Rune seems interesting and might be worthy of playing with.

Shambler Spots Rune. I really don't like this idea. I really don't like death spots. Not because it's instant death, but because you can be dancing around them and then they explode. Death spots should not explode, they should just time out like ice and fire. The shambler is a mean dude with quad damage. The shamby rune is effective enough.

The shock buffer rune. This sounds like the impact rune. We have this one already.

Cc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:07 pm 

CrAzIcRaCkEr wrote:
The shock buffer rune. This sounds like the impact rune. We have this one already.

Actually its the exact opposite of the Impact rune. I just worded it wrong. Sorry. Instead of being knocked back (Anyone), the person (or yourself) just stays still and not get knocked back by the blast of an explosive.