Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: ra w/ runes bugs
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:46 am
Posts: 21
Location: Manitoba canada
hey i posted this at quakeone.com but it probably belongs here instead.

i dunno if anyone cares but a few bugs come up when playing ra w/ runes
1. when someone dies from a death spot/angry shambler/fire trap from someone that is observing or not in the current 1-1, the next round noone will be able to do damage until map is warped.
2.blink doesn't work (probably would be alot of work to set up for ra maps i assume)
3. 3 second invincibility sometimes doesnt work used to have more problems than there is now, i think it happens on certain maps but not 100% sure

mod is still major fun and majorly funny just to watch. kudos to whoever first merged these 2 mod's!!!

_________________
if i cant, do well homey, it cant be done.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: ra w/ runes bugs
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:06 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:41 pm
Posts: 1199
Location: New Jersey, USA
smokey wrote:
i dunno if anyone cares but a few bugs come up when playing ra w/ runes

Thanks, bug reports are always appreciated. There are numerous bugs with Rocket Arena Mode and runes. I never thought anyone would care cause runes and arena kinda don't mix except for just havin' a laugh. If you find anymore let me know and I'll try to address them.
smokey wrote:
1. when someone dies from a death spot/angry shambler/fire trap from someone that is observing or not in the current 1-1, the next round noone will be able to do damage until map is warped.

This should be fixed now. From now on all kills from anything other than players will only be attributed to its owner when the owner is actually playing, otherwise they will be considered self-kills.
smokey wrote:
2.blink doesn't work (probably would be alot of work to set up for ra maps i assume)

Blink depends on ammo, weapons, and runes to exist in order to work. Since runes can spawn outside the playing area, this isn't useful. Therefore I've disabled this rune when in Arena mode.
smokey wrote:
3.3 second invincibility sometimes doesnt work used to have more problems than there is now, i think it happens on certain maps but not 100% sure

I'll try to fix this soon, but for now the rune is disabled.
smokey wrote:
mod is still major fun and majorly funny just to watch. kudos to whoever first merged these 2 mod's!!!

Thanks, pleasure to hear you enjoy it.

_________________
Slot Zero
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: ra w/ runes bugs
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:45 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:41 pm
Posts: 1199
Location: New Jersey, USA
The shielding rune should work properly now in arena and match mode. There are many more oddities with runes in the various modes so if anyone wants to bring them up feel free to do so and I'll address them when I get the chance. Thanks.

_________________
Slot Zero
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: ra w/ runes bugs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:46 am
Posts: 21
Location: Manitoba canada
yes i encourage other runequake regulars to try out this mod on port 26001, just vote-runes and have some fun.

_________________
if i cant, do well homey, it cant be done.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group