Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RuneQuake and FrikBots
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:24 am 

Hello all. I've been working away over at QuakeOne.com in getting a custom DM map server up and running. Strangely I'm running the Omicron Bot mod on the server, but I'd be interested in switching over to RuneQuake (so many features, game modes, etc.) - but I'd like to maybe merge RuneQuake with Frikbots.

I know this was done at some point in the past, but is there a recent version? If not, how hard would merging two be? FrikBot documentation (http://www.insideqc.com/frikbot/fbx/readme.html) makes it sounds relatively painless to merge FrikBots into other mods. Anyone have any insight or guidance to offer me (or interest in pursuing this)?

Cheers!

Post subject: Re: RuneQuake and FrikBots
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:50 pm 
Site Admin

It looks pretty straight forward, however, the instructions tell you to comment out some functions that are modified by Rune Quake like sprint() and centerprint() so those functions would need to be modified to include frikbot code rather than be overwritten by it. It appears to have its own cam feature so there might be a conflict with that as well since RQ has its own cam. Aside from that I think the only other problem to address are the cvars used. I started to address the issue of cvars in later years, but I didn't get around to making them all swappable. Those that can be easily swapped are in defs.qc under the section "custom cvars" so you either have to change frikbots usage of them or mine.