Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guided Missile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:53 am 
Site Admin

I replaced the reflect rocket with a weapon I always thought was a lot of fun, the guided missile. It eats rockets and locks the player down when you become the rocket. Thoughts?

Post subject: Guided missiles
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:37 pm 

How cool is that ? :mrgreen:

Since when are they enabled ?

ps: started playing again recently after years of absence... cool to see some old names...!

Post subject: Re: Guided Missile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:16 am 
zop.runequake.com

Could the guided missiles reflect off walls? ...and maybe gas explode after they inflame and zap nearby players.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:07 am 

The guided rockets are epic, and are the perfect touch of drawback.

While your using them, you're vulnerable to attack.
While your using them, you're expending rocket ammo at the rate of , what, 1 rocket / second? 2 rocket / second ?

Extremely well balanced!! Keep up the good work, I have news'd all of this @ quakeone.com and pointed people to the RuneQuake Dev forum!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:23 pm 

I wish it was easier to get out of Guided-Missile mode, you have to crash the rocket to get out. Hitting +attack (whilst in Missle-mode), would be nice to have it explode for splash-damage or to toggle-out of.

It would also be cool to have some runes effect roaming rockets... like repel away from players or detonate.

I have noticed, you can't execute rune-powers while roaming as a missile. Being able to use your powers would be a nice feature.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:11 pm 

MasterSplinter wrote:
I wish it was easier to get out of Guided-Missile mode, you have to crash the rocket to get out. Hitting +attack (whilst in Missle-mode), would be nice to have it explode for splash-damage or to toggle-out of.

Yes it would be nice if pushing +attack a second time would remove the guiding of the rocket and allow it to continue on its way. I don't thnk it should explode on exiting guiding it !

MasterSplinter wrote:
It would also be cool to have some runes effect roaming rockets... like repel away from players or detonate.

?Whats this mean? can explain better.

MasterSplinter wrote:
I have noticed, you can't execute rune-powers while roaming as a missile. Being able to use your powers would be a nice feature.

I'm presuming the Dual-Slot Rune has returned ?!!? Because, if your guiding a rocket you ARE using your rune power....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:22 pm 

mindzx wrote:
I'm presuming the Dual-Slot Rune has returned ?!!? Because, if your guiding a rocket you ARE using your rune power....

The guided-missile is an alternate-weapon feature. Like how the laser-gun can be a BFG.

mindzx wrote:
Yes it would be nice if pushing +attack a second time would remove the guiding of the rocket and allow it to continue on its way.

Oh! That would be cool... +attack for detonating the guided-missile and +jump for sending the missile on strait path in it's current direction... toggling you back to your player.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:11 pm 

MasterSplinter wrote:
mindzx wrote:

The guided-missile is an alternate-weapon feature. Like how the laser-gun can be a BFG.

mindzx wrote:
Yes it would be nice if pushing +attack a second time would remove the guiding of the rocket and allow it to continue on its way.

Oh! That would be cool... +attack for detonating the guided-missile and +jump for sending the missile on strait path in it's current direction... toggling you back to your player.

OOF, so it is. Touche! I don't know what use using your rune effect while guiding a rocket would be, as you're gonna be doing it blind.Maybe Rune of Regeneration / you notice your being attacked , activate it for 200/100. Or Rune of Invulnerability.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:25 am 

mindzx wrote:
OOF, so it is. Touche! I don't know what use using your rune effect while guiding a rocket would be, as you're gonna be doing it blind.Maybe Rune of Regeneration / you notice your being attacked , activate it for 200/100. Or Rune of Invulnerability.

Yup, or the Quad Rune, so you can have 4 seconds of Quad right before you strike someone.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:02 am 

I agree with Splinter. Good ideas.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:37 am 
Site Admin

mindzx wrote:

MasterSplinter wrote:

Just added this. Try it out and let me know how it works. To break out of guided missile press +attack to explode your missile and +jump to send it on its way.