Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Possible bug with teamplay
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:10 am 

Hi All,

I run my own server at work and have come across a possible bug in teamplay:

The server can be started in team mode (say teamplay 77) and it will stay in team mode as long as there is at least one player in the game, but the server drops back to normal rune quake mode if there are no players in the game for about 60 seconds.

Is this a bug? Could this be changed or fixed as my server runs in a kind of automode, each day about 1 am it's ramdoms a quake world mode for that day and starts, but is's not until lunch time before we start killing and the teamplay mod has long ago droped back to normal mode.

Also in teamplay mode when the map changes some for the players die, with some message about changing teams (sides)????. Could this be looked into.

BTW: my server is the Quake world version.

Thanks
love the mod, so do my players, keep up the good work.

Post subject: Re: Possible bug with teamplay
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:22 pm 
Site Admin

macman wrote:
The server can be started in team mode (say teamplay 77) and it will stay in team mode as long as there is at least one player in the game, but the server drops back to normal rune quake mode if there are no players in the game for about 60 seconds.

Is this a bug?

No. That is the default setting for team mode. In order to fix this you'll have to download the source code, edit settings.qc, and compile.

Get the runequake source code here
Get the compiler here

Extract the runequake source and in the qw folder open the file settings.qc with your favorite text editor (ex: wordpad). Search the file for the line,

float VOTE_TEAM_MODE_DEFAULT = -1;

and change the -1 to a 0. Save and close the file.

Extract only the file qccx.exe from the compiler file you downloaded into your qw folder. If you are prompted to overwrite any files when you extract, select NO.

Double-click qccx.exe and look for the file qwprogs.dat in the same folder that the qw folder is in. Take this file and place it in your gamedir, usually runes. In this case, you'll want to overwrite the old one.

All that's left is to change the level on your server, so that the new qwprogs.dat can take effect.

macman wrote:
Also in teamplay mode when the map changes some for the players die, with some message about changing teams (sides)????. Could this be looked into.

I'll take a look tonight.