Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The 2 things that would make Rune Quake perfect
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:49 pm 

1. Custom Maps on 26002. One the great things about Rune Quake is that custom command. If not on 26002, where else in the whole Quake universe can you select a custom map, play it and battle it out? (Without runes)

2. Vote-Lock or something to make a match uninterrupted.

"we were 1-1 but that Player guy got in and messed it up. " --- FOQ-A commenting on a game with Monster (the hook-crazy and rather skilled young HPB) that lags everywhere except Shmack.

I hopped on some Quakeworld servers to see if I could find one running custom maps that also had the ability to select the map. NONE. My only hope was the Rune Quake mod running at Blue Cherry and that servers looks like it is now gone.

The more you look around, the more you realize that there is no mod anywhere near the quality of Rune Quake. Some would say CRMOD, but that's b.s. because CRMOD requires reading a book to figure it out.

Diazoid or others might say this is a cheesy post, but just like all the other times I don't really care --- Slot Zero has maintained this mod maybe better than not just any Quake mod, but maybe better than any mod regardless of the what game it is.

Everything is simple, debugged, documented and most important --- easy.

[/over the top post]