PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:45 am 
zop.runequake.com

The thread that would not die.

Post subject: Re: To everyone interested in stopping cheaters
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:59 am 

<3 necromancy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:32 am 

my "quaking" life began with hydro smoke. At first i remember i loved the game, but enjoyed watching, cause his ping sucked ! Later on, he moved up to dsl and became quite a forceful figure in the game fairly quickly. A bit later it was like "Damn" wtf ! I was forced into accepting the fact some humans are "bot-like" i watched him play live, sweat dripping from his chin (haha - JK) but ya, reflexes, damaging the wasd keys from intense keystrokes, worn out mouse balls. Becoming accustomed 2 Quake with a super talented player has taught me tricks (even tho i cant get consistently good) but there is sooo much more to the game than narrow-minded players can wrap their feeble noodlez around. Some dont watch my hook as it flys out to the Right, and they shoot completely Left, multiple occasions, some overlook the importance of shield and i dont even hear them arming themselves, those i will completely deprive of powerups.

As for oL' Scoffer.. um, sometimes u do well, and sometimes u dont bitch much.. good day i guess or some shit. just keep at it, im still learnin too, i just learned about "air strafing" the other day.. and it does help to throw PPL off n dodge rockets and what-not. But yes... like Tia said, if all u do is come to bitch when u see good players on servers, then it just might be more healthy for U in the "long-run" to just keep quiet, or give up on quake. Cause u gonna get an ulcer or some shit one day. I have no enemies, or hate to make that clear. And this aint no issue bout me wanting some last word in it, just tryin to level with u. its been a while since any 1 commented on this thread, and it may not die out, i think its a great much needed thread.

G1 to all involved in trying to spread the notion, and decrease the accusers ignorance.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:07 pm 

Cool! I just read the initial post of this thread for the first time. Nice post.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:58 pm 
King Scoffer

why the FUCK is quake still up and playing? there are more cheaters now than players? when are you gonna take this shit down slot?? what a waste of network that crap is. tonight there were 5 out of 8 players that are known for cheating and we completeing obviously cheating. wtf? time to take down the house dude. quake has died and gone. now its just a group of sad little very old fucks seeing who can out cheat the next. not the first one play the game the way it used to be.

Take down the server! its a has-been way over due.

The one and only:

King Scoffer

Cheater list :

Royal
Sheep
Sarah
Some name stealer, prob Satoon. (Has og, king scoffer, clayborn, etc in ip list)
sole
qnb
sneakybandit
etc....

same old cheating playing going on 2 decades now. fucking stupid people....

when Im gone, this kingdom is DEAD!!!

take it down while it has some honor left!

and dont act like their NOT cheating, when I demo them, they leave instantly...its like screaming guilty.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:15 am 

I read people accusing each other of cheating all the time.... I have yet to witness this happening. So many crazy things are going on in play, how can you tell?

Can someone put up a link to a demo that demonstrates how to identify an act of cheating?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:24 pm 

MasterSplinter wrote:
Can someone put up a link to a demo that demonstrates how to identify an act of cheating?

http://www.filedropper.com/shmackbot demo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:37 am 

Why do people think I'm cheating? I've come here to take a break from quake 2 and almost everyone here assumes I'm cheating. Also, when the server has a lot of people, the higher ups are also accused of cheating. I have played against players that are much better than me, and during those matches, I've only made it up to 4th place and I'm still considered a 'cheater'.

Even if I'm last place or second last place, I'm still considered a cheater.

I have never had this problem when i play quake 2.

-q2k2k

Game name: Gouki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:16 am 

I assume I've played you before as well?? I dont remember your name.

It all depends on who is calling the cheating name... I get it all the time. It's usually a select few that constantly rant: Killa = a bot. Bot cheater... pak cheat. I got so tired of it that I changed my name to Fiery but people figured it out pretty quick when I climbed to the top again. I've played this game since 1996 and many other FPS. I use a standard 5 year old Dell mouse and a crappy mouse pad. It's really all about the right combination of runes and listening to what is going on around you... of course knowing the map completely helps.

My best advise is to just shrug it off... I try to ignore them and even offer advise on becoming better.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:22 pm 

You really have to think. I started quake in 1996 on beta test. I was a newbie, just like everyone who has ever touched quake. It takes time, to get to know the game, it takes patience to learn the game, and it takes alot of talent to figure out where everything is on the map, sound is the biggest factor in the game. If you can HEAR something and predict where the person is heading to, thats when TIME comes into play, NOW, you heard them, now TIME them and you can fire a rocket or gren, or even shaft the crap out of them soon as they come around the corner, and NOW you get newbies till this day who have been playing for years but just practically suck period calling people cheaters. Ive played on shmack and been called a cheater by King Scoffer and QuakeNBake. They are just children and like to complain, and cry about everything if they can not win, They are worst then 2 year old kid's crying for ice cream. You have to ignore them, They can DEMO all they want. With all the ANTI-wallhacking stuff going on now day's it's very difficult to cheat. These player's who accuse other's of cheating need to step outside the box (MEANING LEAVE SHMACK) and explore other server's and WATCH other player's who are amazingly good and have nothing but pure talent. Shmack player's are dedicated to shmack, and i highly highly like the dedication, but i think its time to get off the rag and explore other option's out there and play other players or even WATCH other player's play. Doing so will not only help you become a better player, but it will also show you the real talent this game really has. It's sad that the few who accuse people are complete idiots and can not stand the fact that their are MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more better player's in quake then they are. These accuser's will do whatever they can to annoy you to make you leave shmack and never return. Tough crap! If i come and play, you can talk all the "SHMACK" you want, because im there to hit 50 frags as fast as possible and move on to the next map! Now, i don't play runequake often, but when i do, i get a kick out of the few idiot's that are there. That's my opinion, and i don't care if you like it. THANKS!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:25 pm 

q2k2k wrote:
Why do people think I'm cheating? I've come here to take a break from quake 2 and almost everyone here assumes I'm cheating. Also, when the server has a lot of people, the higher ups are also accused of cheating. I have played against players that are much better than me, and during those matches, I've only made it up to 4th place and I'm still considered a 'cheater'.

Even if I'm last place or second last place, I'm still considered a cheater.

I have never had this problem when i play quake 2.

-q2k2k

Game name: Gouki

I understand your frustration with those certain peon's calling you a cheater. They do it so you leave, they want to ruin shmack and force it to be empty like that have for years. Just go there and ignore then, rape them in every hole they have and let it be done. Some people just deserve a ass kickin in real life, but yet meeting them is near impossible unless somewhere down the road a LAN is put together and they show up, now let's see who talks shmack!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:45 pm 

Unless your name is Scoffer , and you think everyone must either fall into these categories;

-I can beat you in Quake,you're a human being.

or

-I can't beat you in Quake,so clearly your an obvious cheat.

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-talk/v ... post120745 <- Venting Area post, I am pretty sure nothing can be done about this from happening. It would be nice if Slot Zero has some suggestions.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:08 am 

i didnt even make the list...:(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:44 pm 

Yea, im offended too Smokey. wtf? :(

HEHE