Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New to this board... not to deal with crackers
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:04 pm 

Ok first thing first, Slot, would you of happened to ban me from shmack as well as frenzy? Because I can't connect and I'm seeing players on the server just like the case what frenzy encountered with.

Secondly, My puter was cracked by packet flooding hack when I played at shmack an hour ago, and I thought somebody at shmack might trace me back n give me a shit. I reconnected the server, asked guys if he or she did it on purpose, and finally happybunny_2 admitted his invasion on my comp. I was really pissed off and talked shit to happybunny_2 cuz nearly I had my puter broken by his activities. I'm gonna have to pardon my words but it was happybunny_2 who really got into trouble. Why is it not him banned but me??? I am obviously not an assailant but a victim in this case. Any suggestion or advice??

Thirdly, I am actually pretty fed up with people calling me a sociopath, commi, and anti-American because I was raised by this country and do love our America. Just because I would like to use this alias so that we Americans become aware of American Army's senseless massacre, repent our sin, and keep an eye on incoming future terrorism. We had never learnt anything from Viet fucking Nam War and repeated history of waste to no purpose. So Slot, if you're getting complaints of me anarchist or something, I DO NOT hate shmack, citizen of America of course, it's just exceptionally well-grounded alias name on shmack server, as I am an patriot.

Fourthly, Shmack is wicked. I'm glad it exists too, as an old quaker at hating.com and widomaker. Keep up the good work so that this awesome server is fed to us until the world ends.

Post subject: Re: New to this board... not to deal with crackers
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:19 pm 

WeNeed9/11Again wrote:
Secondly, My puter was cracked by packet flooding hack when I played at shmack an hour ago, and I thought somebody at shmack might trace me back n give me a shit.

How? The IP addresses are masked at Shmack. It is impossible for someone to know your exact IP at Shmack.

Quote:
Thirdly, I am actually pretty fed up with people calling me a sociopath, commi, and anti-American because I was raised by this country and do love our America.

You sound like another n00b who insists he has "free speech" but then insist that others don't have "free speech".

Quote:
Just because I would like to use this alias so that we Americans become aware of American Army's senseless massacre, repent our sin, and keep an eye on incoming future terrorism. We had never learnt anything from Viet fucking Nam War and repeated history of waste to no purpose.

Like people playing on a gaming server give a rats ass about political causes. Hint: Most of them show up to -- surprise --- play Quake.

Quote:
So Slot, if you're getting complaints of me anarchist or something, I DO NOT hate shmack, citizen of America of course, it's just exceptionally well-grounded alias name on shmack server, as I am an patriot.

Blah blah blah.

Quote:
Fourthly, Shmack is wicked. I'm glad it exists too, as an old quaker at hating.com and widomaker. Keep up the good work so that this awesome server is fed to us until the world ends.

Slot kicks ass. No one can disagree with that one. Shmack is an outstanding server.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:44 pm 

Baker wrote:
WeNeed9/11Again wrote:
Secondly, My puter was cracked by packet flooding hack when I played at shmack an hour ago, and I thought somebody at shmack might trace me back n give me a shit.

How? The IP addresses are masked at Shmack. It is impossible for someone to know your exact IP at Shmack.

No it's not. But if I told you publicly then more people would do it :-/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:14 pm 

WeNeed9/11Again wrote:
So Slot, if you're getting complaints of me anarchist or something, I DO NOT hate shmack, citizen of America of course, it's just exceptionally well-grounded alias name on shmack server, as I am an patriot.

You are not banned nor will you be banned for your political beliefs. However, your choice to use an inflammatory name invites reactional attention and therein lies the problem. When players stop playing to debate you, you extraneously disrupt the game play and if you are the root cause of frequent such disruptions, action maybe taken.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:17 pm 

Canadian*Sniper wrote:
No it's not. But if I told you publicly then more people would do it :-/

Is this like the time you told me you could hack my computer and I said "prove it" and gave you my IP address and then you backtracked? Hehe :oops: :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:22 pm 

you mean the time when you asked if I could hack your computer and you gave me your ip and I went outside? sure :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:33 am 

Quote:

Haha.. you gave yourself away. A know-all character. How humiliating :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:54 am 

WeNeed9/11Again wrote:
Quote:

Haha.. you gave yourself away. A know-all character. How humiliating :(

You know you are a newbstickle. Since you are still learning Quake, judging from your scores, I'll give you some advice:

+mlook
+speed

And, you might try "crosshair 1". You can enter that into the console by pressing the tilde key. The tilde is a squiggly looking key below ESC.

You will play much better. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:01 am 

Well, cheers for that. That's a large weight off my mind. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:25 am 

With regard to your advice of tilde key that is like putting a fifth wheel on a coach. :(
I suggest you refrain from acting as if you were looking down on others.:o
Apparently you pretend to be friendly but you seem to be a twisted man at heart..:oops:
Thanks anyway. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:09 am 

WeNeed9/11Again wrote:
With regard to your advice of tilde key that is like putting a fifth wheel on a coach. :(
I suggest you refrain from acting as if you were looking down on others.:o
Apparently you pretend to be friendly but you seem to be a twisted man at heart..:oops:
Thanks anyway. :)

I don't care what name someone as a name when I play, I think it is funny that you use a name to get attention and then also complain about getting attention when it happens. That was the source of my cynicism.

Btw, happybunny_2 certainly did not flood packet. It is funny that he "admitted it". I'll have to remember that one. :D

He used to be an admin at another server and that's just his sense of humor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:17 am 

Baker wrote:
I don't care what name someone as a name when I play, I think it is funny that you use a name to get attention and then also complain about getting attention when it happens. That was the source of my cynicism.

Btw, happybunny_2 certainly did not flood packet. It is funny that he "admitted it". I'll have to remember that one. :D

He used to be an admin at another server and that's just his sense of humor.

If you think yourself to be wise enough not to give a shit to eye drawing names, you know better than to deal with them. It's a simple thing.
Avoiding an unpleasant situation is sometimes the most sensible thing for a man of virtue to do, as the "Discretion is the better part of valor" says.

As for happybunny_2's crime, you have no facts to go on.
But the facts are as follows.
1. You were not playing at Shmack on that occasion.
2. Slot keeps the record of chat log.
3. Happybunny_2 acknowledged his sinful deed and said "yes".
4. There is nothing to do with what he used to be.
According to the view of human nature as fundamentally depraved, everybody has the risk of being the next OJ Simpson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:49 pm 

agreed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:27 pm 

WeNeed9/11Again wrote:
According to the view of human nature as fundamentally depraved, everybody has the risk of being the next OJ Simpson.

That's certainly true. You never know who the next one [*Canadian Sniper*] will be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:40 pm 

oh? Make sure you do that during the weekend so I have the time to retaliate :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:05 pm 

HAHA, I just realized that your name isn't Weed911Again. I never really paid much attention, just thought you were one of the many Weed smokers who play quake. I didn't realize you were trying to make a political statement. I am deeply sorry, and I promise to take you more seriously from now on.

Sincerely,

Ole' Hog Bowel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:02 am 
zop.runequake.com

Should we have a political forum section? Then, when there is a heated arguement about budget deficits or immigration, it can be settled with a game of Quake!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:08 am 

Ole' Hog Bowel wrote:
HAHA, I just realized that your name isn't Weed911Again. I never really paid much attention, just thought you were one of the many Weed smokers who play quake. I didn't realize you were trying to make a political statement. I am deeply sorry, and I promise to take you more seriously from now on.

Sincerely,

Ole' Hog Bowel

HAHAAHAAAA!! That was great! That lightened the whole mood of this thread perfectly. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:29 am 

I personally don't like your name, I think it's disgusting and distasteful.
If it were for me, I would ban you until you change your name (but I'm not in charge to do that).

So whatever (bad) comes to you, you bring it upon yourself. You call yourself a patriot, while you live in this country yet display this treacheary?? Do you even know about 9/11?? I wish you were one of those people that would jump out the window instead of burning to death. You got no idea what it was like. We don't need 9/11 again, you stupid asshole, and we don't need you either.

Quake 1 doesn't have many players, so this is not the place for a political statement. You want to make an impact, go outside and write on a piece of cardboard "WE NEED 9/11 AGAIN" and stand out in the street. You chicken shit. See how long you last.

Good think I don't see you on the servers, because when I do, I always make it a priority to frag you to death. Good riddance.