Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ProQuake Launcher Beta for anyone interested in helping test
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:10 am 

This is the beta of the ProQuake Launcher.

The ProQuake Launcher is front-end for ProQuake with supplementary support for Enhanced GLQuake/WinQuake by aguirRe as ProQuake isn't capable of doing recent single player maps. Enhanced GLQuake/WinQuake is, like ProQuake, a faithful Quake and it has interpolation and, like ProQuake, GL and Win versions -- it is excellent for single player.

Like any beta, you use it at your own risk. It's been tested on a couple of machines and seems to be very solid, but live testing always turns up oddities or sometimes "interesting things".

If you aren't interested in something that hasn't been completely battle-tested then DON'T download this!

What does it do?

ProQuake is an older engine and doesn't have a lot of the great features found in JoeQuake/Qrack or DarkPlaces.

It kicks ass because it is simple and authentic (old skool faithful style), easy to setup and hard to mess up. You don't see many ProQuake questions because it doesn't do very much. Less is more, sometimes.

This improves the ProQuake experience by converting those bulky .tga files to .jpg so you can share screenshots easily, effectively removes the 99 screenshots limit, and converts all of your demos to .dz format so those can be shared as well.

This has only been tested on 2 machines and should be pretty solid, but I already know of 3 or 4 things I want to change/improve upon.

Any feedback or ideas welcome. This is beta, if you download this please provide feedback. I have a Windows 98 machine but haven't bothered to boot it up and see if it works on it.

Download: ProQuake Launcher Beta - 24 MB (includes some maps)

I will get around to doing these for a few of the other engines, hopefully soon.