Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Igniting Fart Bombs
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:12 pm 

I'm sure most of us know that farts are flammable. So how come when someone has the Human Torch rune or the Fire Walking rune and they run through a cloud of gas from a gas bomb it doesn't ignite? I think everyone within the reaches of the gas should be instantly set on fire if someone with one of these runes is in the area as well. Or if you don't have a rune, and you are using the flame-thrower or lavagun when you run through a stinky cloud of gas you will light yourself on fire. (It would be really cool if you could throw a gas bomb, then when it goes off hit it with the flame-thrower from a distance and set everyone in the area on fire).

I suppose if this would be too difficult to program, then I will just settle for the "flaming fart" rune. Hit the rune use and you are surrounded by a cloud of gas (hurts everyone but yourself, cuz you know "everyone likes the smell of their own brand"). Then you can set this area on fire with a flame weapon and everyone is set on fire.

I'll give you all a week to have this feature up and running.

Sincerely,

'Ole Hog Bowel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:26 pm 

There is an experimental version of the jetpack that shoots out the player's ass instead of out his feet. Currently enabled at LAB.IHOC.NET for your amusement. Bind +JET and let her rip. It's easier to see if you watch someone else use it or use "CHASE_ACTIVE 1".

Maybe something like this? It could burn everyone in its path and shoot you forward at high speed. Not sure how you'd control it with RUNE-USE instead of a +/- command.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:56 pm 
Site Admin

I'm a simple coder.. your idea frightens and confuses me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:54 pm 

Slot Zero wrote:
I'm a simple coder..

yeah right :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:28 am 

Slot Zero wrote:
I'm a simple coder.. your idea frightens and confuses me.

LOL! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:54 pm 

LOL fartastic !

While we're in the subject ... On a more controversial note, what do you guys think about gas grenade spammers that are multiplying on the server ? I mean, they do just that!

It's really starting to drive me nuts. There should be something to avoid having players spamming small levels with gas nades cause it is really disruptive...

My two dimes
Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:41 am 

well lamers are always gonna find something to exploit, just part of the game...

i actually think the igniting fart idea (or whatever you wanna call it) it would be a very damaging feature, i mean light everyone on fire in the area?? that would cause some mass damage and everyone scrambling for armor (as it puts your own fire out)

it would cause a lot of easy frags all over the place. i would vote no for something like this...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:26 pm 

Well, gee why isn't there a rune that as soon as it's picked up, all other players die.... then the game will really be fun. 15 players die, respawn, die, respawn and on and on. Then it'll be closer to what everyone wants with all these lame runes, a game that when you join, you don't play. We're getting closer and closer to that anyway, a good part of the time, you join or respawn between all the player active runes, like shambler, radiation, death spots that blow up and kill you even when your on the other side of a wall, grapple damage, gas that comes thru walls, by the time you get a weapon you're sitting around 30-50 health. The object of the game WAS to do BATTLE, not die from artificial means. You join E1M7 and 3 or 4 runes, bombs and and 1 outstanding player controls the whole map, let alone when it's a full house which makes it almost impossible to play. Wouldn't it be better to have just the same amount of runes on each map as per the server player limit? Then have only runes that fit certain maps styles so that most every map has a different rune set. For example no radiation type runes that hinder movement on E1M7.

The game used to be fun when it first came out. That's why it gained in popularity so fast. Player against player... battle fun.... Now there are just a few of us left, players moved on to other games... I wonder why.. Could it be that they got tired of joining a game where it was play 20 seconds and die from gas that comes thru walls, grapple damage that takes the fun out of evasive playing, a shaft that kills within 1-2 seconds etc. etc. The game, now with all I've mentioned, gave ALL the advantages to the top players and a few that cheat. In addition to their better skills, it muliples frags 10 fold for them and maybe 3 or 4 frags a game for the lessor skilled. Congradulations, all you "more runes, more runes" players have taylored the game for the top 20 players. Nevermind about the rest. Who cares about the lessor skilled and the newbies anyway.

Oh and Yugo, the only way you'll draw these players to IHOC is to set up about 30 lame runes on your server so that they can get thier free frags.
Otherwise they won't play there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:16 am 

I'm with mysteri here. Especially on certain maps where players aggregate, it's too easy to obtain multiple frags with little or no effort simply by spamming, be it via gas grenades or sticky bombs. Personally, I'd like to see a use limit of one or two per player at a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:53 am 

toyo_mr2 wrote:
I'm with mysteri here. Especially on certain maps where players aggregate, it's too easy to obtain multiple frags with little or no effort simply by spamming, be it via gas grenades or sticky bombs. Personally, I'd like to see a use limit of one or two per player at a time.

The gas grenades have really gotten out of hand, mostly on the START map only though.

But then again it seems like the only map that ever gets much play is START. :(