Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chat Ban..Good Idea
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:21 am 

I just got onto all this(being a old school ctf/ca player) and was reading a little bit. I really do think that a chat ban would be a great idea. Lately I can't even concentrate on the game because the top of my screen keeps filling with 3 lines of the same bullshit and from what it seems the same few people. Bot this, Hack That. Its actually getting that frustrating that it can't be ignored. What cracks me up also within the past few weeks I've became Rambot. A old school nickname I had back in the day for laughs, but now im initiated into the gang. I don't deserve it lol, the "bot" gang kicks my ass everytime I play. But yes definitley a chat ban is in order, if not for few people then maybe for the whole server? I understand that will screw alot of people over but I'm thinking the positive will out weigh the negative.

Post subject: What do u care
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:44 pm 

You don't even play at this server. And why the hell would we want to ban chat for everyone? Just because there are a few a-holes that never shut up you want to take away everyones ability to chat with each other? If it bugs you that much, how about you just go away, and take your neo-fascist ideas with you.

Sincerely,

Ole' Hog Bowel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:17 pm 

I don't play at the server? Man shutup, you don't play at the server, cause if you did you would see me. I didnt necessarily mean take it away for everyone but im saying if its not possible to ban it for those few individuals then maybe it should be taken away. Like I said the good out weighs the bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:52 am 
zop.runequake.com

Being offended is hardly a good reason to censor something. You're supposed to act like it doesn't bother you, so they will stop doing it, sillyhead!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:09 pm 

Yeah I understand that but when the 3 lines of text keep filling with the same bullshit on the top of the screen how can you ever talk while their spamming it. Really is getting out of control.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:55 am 

The chat in our games and our forums is what makes our community unique. Just think if everyone was quiet like Toyo during gameplay. We are all very fond of ya Toyo bud, but during gametime, not including your skill as a player you're a wee bit boring. Zzzzz... :P

The Quake 2 servers have nowhere near as much personality. Except when I played on Vanilla with DeathKnight and he started bitching at the campers. That was pretty funny. A little bit of Quake 1 seasoning on a Quake 2 server. :lol: