Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:10 am 

Those were fun games that were setup, good job Fuzznut. We should do it again and maybe next time SNS will have more members show up.

I think for next time, we should list rosters of eligible players and work with who shows up.

Side note: Although he showed up late after the games were played, it was funny (and lame) listening to how Frenzy explain how we was a "temporary or honorary" member of TU or whatever queerness that was -- he is no more a member of TU than Tical is a member of SNS. Both Hydro and Sole were asked ages ago if they wanted to join SNS, but we would not have "retconned" them into the clan.

Anyway, they were good games and hopefully we can play some more orderly matches in the future ... it was a little unfortunate that we didn't have 4 or 5 SNS members show up and that made things more complicated.

Excellent effort on your part and to me even though SNS won, the lack of a pure SNS team didn't feel like a true SNS vs. TU match and to me those wins weren't really true wins (unless I lie to myself like Frenzy seems to have no problem doing and then we could claim that those were REAL "temporary and honorary" SNS members ... sheesh. I'm sorry that was so lame.)

Fuzznut wrote:
The updated TU Roster for the next 4v4 CA match looks like this so far:

Quadraptor_TU

Zeki_TU

Da Noiz_TU

The FoQ_TU

alternate players- Monster_TU

Geee ... wherez Frenzy in this list?

/That's directed to Frenzy, not you Fuzznut.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:10 am 

Sorry I left. I could have played if the match started right at 8pm but I chose to hang out with the limited time I had with an old friend I havn't seen in a long time than wait for you guys to warm up.

who were the 2 nonSNS btw? Anyone demo? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:21 am 

BTW, several months ago Phenom asked me to join SNS and I said I would. So based on that I guess I could play for SNS?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:17 am 

Baker wrote:
Those were fun games that were setup, good job Fuzznut. We should do it again and maybe next time SNS will have more members show up.

I think for next time, we should list rosters of eligible players and work with who shows up.

Side note: Although he showed up late after the games were played, it was funny (and lame) listening to how Frenzy explain how we was a "temporary or honorary" member of TU or whatever queerness that was -- he is no more a member of TU than Tical is a member of SNS. Both Hydro and Sole were asked ages ago if they wanted to join SNS, but we would not have "retconned" them into the clan.

Anyway, they were good games and hopefully we can play some more orderly matches in the future ... it was a little unfortunate that we didn't have 4 or 5 SNS members show up and that made things more complicated.

Excellent effort on your part and to me even though SNS won, the lack of a pure SNS team didn't feel like a true SNS vs. TU match and to me those wins weren't really true wins (unless I lie to myself like Frenzy seems to have no problem doing and then we could claim that those were REAL "temporary and honorary" SNS members ... sheesh. I'm sorry that was so lame.)

Fuzznut wrote:
The updated TU Roster for the next 4v4 CA match looks like this so far:

Quadraptor_TU

Zeki_TU

Da Noiz_TU

The FoQ_TU

alternate players- Monster_TU

Geee ... wherez Frenzy in this list?

/That's directed to Frenzy, not you Fuzznut.

No it wasn't a good job on my part. I'd never done it before. A member of TU showed up late and I waffled in what I should of done, which was have them sit out. And some other stuff happened(match ended up 5v5 with non SNS members etc). It was my fault things went kooky(no offense Kooky).

Frenzy is for now only an honorary member of TU and isn't eligible to compete in matches for us.

He wasn't on the roster because he wasn't scheduled to play and had not showed up intending to play. He only wanted a chance to do the admin job he was scheduled to do because things went goofy under my guidance and he had a last minute family emergency which made him late.

I don't care if SNS has fill ins from wherever personally. Although now there's some dispute about some of the SNS roster not being SNS members. Which I could care less about myself. Although if non SNS members are to be used some notice should be given so it can be discussed.

To avoid confusion in the future team rosters with backups should be announced in one of the official match threads at least 3 days in advance. And the match will go as scheduled as a 4v4 or 3v3 or whatnot. Anything else should be grounds for postponement.

Also, Monster was suppose to record the demos as a sitout and at the last second was put in the match, so....did anyone record demos of the match? I'd like to watch them. (not taking care of teh demos properly was another organization faux paus I made.)

Everything that went wrong I take responsibility for.

And one last thing....it's SNS's turn at bat. Propose the next match date whenever you are ready. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:16 pm 

Fuzznut wrote:
I don't care if SNS has fill ins from wherever personally.

Well, I care. The SNS side of the battle should be actual members.

Quote:
Although if non SNS members are to be used some notice should be given so it can be discussed.

I don't think any non-SNS members should be used. We should be able to have 3-5 members show up, but we don't have as many members as TU.

Quote:
To avoid confusion in the future team rosters with backups should be announced in one of the official match threads at least 3 days in advance. And the match will go as scheduled as a 4v4 or 3v3 or whatnot. Anything else should be grounds for postponement.

I agree.

Quote:
Everything that went wrong I take responsibility for

You did a great job, there isn't anything to apologize about.

Here is what I think we learned ...

1. Let's have ALL decisions be made in advance, it is nearly impossible to have a discussion in-game about rules and such.

2. Designate team captains who know all of the answers in advance. I don't know who this person would be for TU, but for SNS it is Phenom unless Phenom is not there, and in that case it would be me.

3. Let's have the rules/map picks be in advance. 2 out of 3 is fine/3 out of 5 is also fine. In a 2 out of 3, SNS will choose Sanity as the "our choice map". In a 3 out of 5, SNS will choose Sanity as our choice #1 and either Q1EDGE/Q3DM6 as map #2 (I'll ask Phenom).

4. Maybe some agreement to what to do in the event too many players show. I think matches should be capped @ 4 Vs. 4 because 5 vs. 5 is always spam. I think that we should do 3 Vs. 3 if we HAVE to (like if not enough SNS shows) and I think players like Canadian Sniper and yourself should be encouraged to participate -- there should be a way to fit everyone in, not just have highly experienced players vs. highly experienced players.

Quote:
And one last thing....it's SNS's turn at bat. Propose the next match date whenever you are ready. :)

Does next Friday at either 9/10/11 PM Eastern work (the day after Thanksgiving)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:06 pm 

Baker wrote:
I think players like Canadian Sniper and yourself should be encouraged to participate

I WAS in the SNS roster. I wanted to play but plans changed and time was limited. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:34 am 

Baker wrote:
Fuzznut wrote:
I don't care if SNS has fill ins from wherever personally.

Well, I care. The SNS side of the battle should be actual members.

Quote:
Although if non SNS members are to be used some notice should be given so it can be discussed.

I don't think any non-SNS members should be used. We should be able to have 3-5 members show up, but we don't have as many members as TU.

Quote:

I agree.

Quote:
Everything that went wrong I take responsibility for

You did a great job, there isn't anything to apologize about.

Here is what I think we learned ...

1. Let's have ALL decisions be made in advance, it is nearly impossible to have a discussion in-game about rules and such.

2. Designate team captains who know all of the answers in advance. I don't know who this person would be for TU, but for SNS it is Phenom unless Phenom is not there, and in that case it would be me.

3. Let's have the rules/map picks be in advance. 2 out of 3 is fine/3 out of 5 is also fine. In a 2 out of 3, SNS will choose Sanity as the "our choice map". In a 3 out of 5, SNS will choose Sanity as our choice #1 and either Q1EDGE/Q3DM6 as map #2 (I'll ask Phenom).

4. Maybe some agreement to what to do in the event too many players show. I think matches should be capped @ 4 Vs. 4 because 5 vs. 5 is always spam. I think that we should do 3 Vs. 3 if we HAVE to (like if not enough SNS shows) and I think players like Canadian Sniper and yourself should be encouraged to participate -- there should be a way to fit everyone in, not just have highly experienced players vs. highly experienced players.

Quote:

Does next Friday at either 9/10/11 PM Eastern work (the day after Thanksgiving)?

How about the Friday after?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:18 pm 

Canadian*Sniper wrote:
Sorry I left. I could have played if the match started right at 8pm but I chose to hang out with the limited time I had with an old friend I havn't seen in a long time than wait for you guys to warm up.

who were the 2 nonSNS btw? Anyone demo? :)

Oh whatever. Quad was late and as soon as I said I was thinking about replacing him with myself you freaked out and fled. C'mon now Snipes. You don't have to lie to kick it with us. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:31 am 

While 7 people were chatting it on in caxport26001, I said:

It's either now or never
no warmup lets go

it was apparant the the match wasn't happening anytime soon and I had better things to do on a Saturday night. Such as drinking and hanging out with an old friend :D

You should remember that it was originally going to be on a Friday night.

wait didn't I already say that in a recent post? Guess people suck at listening :) Zeki, Thresher and JW knew that I might not be able to make it to the match. Instead I stuck around and nothing happened.

Post subject: Baker get your head right
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:50 am 

Baker, this is like the 2nd forum where I read you downtalking me. I did not show up to play in that match nor was I scheduled to play in it. I'd appreciate if you showed that your IQ level was a bit higher than 50 and start reading a bit more into the situation. You'r making yourself look like a fool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:23 am 

Baker, I actually like the idea of a double elimination sort of like how Frenzy runs the 2v2 CA tourneys on Sunday.

I'll have to talk to the TU's to see what maps they fancy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:48 am 

Go ahead and propose a tourney date. In two weeks time from tonight though we may go up against clan_i.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:38 am 

Check http://www.sns.evilpsp.com for updates. Make sure you register for the next match if you want to participate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:08 am 

Canadian*Sniper wrote:
Check http://www.sns.evilpsp.com for updates. Make sure you register for the next match if you want to participate.

Excuse me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:58 pm 

We're getting these matches more organized :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:42 pm 

vote for the date you want the Tu vs SNS clan match to take place. You have to register to the site to vote.

http://sns.evilpsp.com/?q=node/21

Post subject: Re: Baker get your head right
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:39 pm 

Frenzy wrote:
Baker, this is like the 2nd forum where I read you downtalking me. I did not show up to play in that match nor was I scheduled to play in it. I'd appreciate if you showed that your IQ level was a bit higher than 50 and start reading a bit more into the situation. You'r making yourself look like a fool.

My sense of humor wasn't "active" that day. I'm sorry, Frenzy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:10 am 

Canadian*Sniper wrote:
vote for the date you want the Tu vs SNS clan match to take place. You have to register to the site to vote.

http://sns.evilpsp.com/?q=node/21

Wow. Frenzy really freaked you guys out with that comment he made about TU.

We don't have to like fill out forms in triplicate or anything do we? Which copy do I get? The yellow or red one? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:13 am 

Baker wrote:

That's what I'm thinking exactly. Because on our end, they may show up, but it sure as hell doesn't mean they'll get to play. Regardless of whether or not they've signed up on the SNS forum for the tourney.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:09 am 

Fuzznut wrote:
Wow. Frenzy really freaked you guys out with that comment he made about TU.

Don't know what you're talking about.

Fuzznut wrote:
We don't have to like fill out forms in triplicate or anything do we? Which copy do I get? The yellow or red one? :wink:

I don't get it.