Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: not quite.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:11 am 

Paradise wrote:
although that time you claimed you were drunk and we played for fun.

We should always be playing for fun. I'm tired of emos and oversized egos in this game :roll: We win some and we lose some so who gives a flying fack?

Like Sole or ORL said (hehe can't remember who said this): "When you win in quake, you lose in life" :lol:

And for the record. I only claim that I've been drinking when I have been drinking. I tell you for humour purposes only, not as an excuse incase I lose in a match. :D (Not saying this to Paradise, but to everyone who has complained).

C*S <-- not an active player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:59 pm 

Tia, I play the game strictly, and I mean strictly for fun. I don't care about winning or even scoring a ton.... I try to be in the top 4 and usually end up in fourth... but again I don't take this game that seriously. When I talk about cheaters it's because I've played the game long enough to know normal from abnormal. Just the other night while playing, the person leading was ahead by 25-30 frags and there were a bunch of us playing. In that bunch were some pretty darn good... no, excellent quake players who couldn't keep up with the leader. Well to make this short, the leader-cheater got caught between two of us normal players and you should have seen his bot dance trying to figure out who to shoot. And it was all pure bot movement... heck I thought I was back at singed for a second. And don't say demo and turn it in, it's like Custers last stand, you get rid of one and 2 more ride in from over the hill... useless. So there are some cheaters that play every night. One other thing, as far as I'm concerned, if a player doesn't play with the program code that was initially released, other then ID upgrades, he is cheating. All this code that lights up a map better, that allows you to see in the water, that removes shadows etc. etc is cheat code. So tell me, is it any different using a bot or killing people in water because you can see them.... bottom line is that user gets a frag that he shouldn't have, no difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:38 pm 

tia thankyou for the recognition=)! you are a sweet person.. i've been just playing CA alot with all them good players and what not, that probably got me a little bit better than i was.. the 50 - -1 when i played you was kinda scary!

but all the names mentioned throughout this thread are all really good, and should be recognized.. they are all really good

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:48 am 

Post removed as it no longer represents my current views.

God Bless All!
-Paradise.

Last edited by Paradise on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:29 am 

The original WinQuake and GLQuake are so problematic that at QuakeOne.com, we don't even offer them as a download anywhere on the site. The WinQuake/GLQuake "download" at QuakeOne.com gives someone ProQuake.

1. First, the precision of GLQuake and WinQuake's aim are terrible. The crosshair can show on-screen a "clear" shot and you can then fire and hit the wall. This is because the original Quake only has 256 angles.

2. Worse, GLQuake and WinQuake have the wonderful "Connection Accepted" problem with a lot of cable and DSL modems and anyone using a router of any time (wireless, etc.).

The ProQuake Launcher opens almost all of the advantages of ProQuake to anyone without having to know a single thing about a config, without having to know a single thing about a command line.

It lets you control almost everything and EVEN has a built-in Quake Name Maker and comes with a server browser. It lets you turn on transparent water, IPLOG and a lot of other things.

It has also been download 1035 times since September 18, 2006 :D

Download: ProQuake Launcher 1.00 EZ Installer - 4.9 MB (includes ProQuake 3.50)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:06 am 

God Bless All!
-Paradise.

Last edited by Paradise on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:08 am 

Canadian*Sniper wrote:
"When you win in quake, you lose in life" :lol:

I am successful in both, God Bless! :P

Last edited by Paradise on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:40 am 

Paradise wrote:
would you look at that?
even more reason to upgrade.

oh and baker if you post this early in the morning, maybe we could quake, your choice of mods. so pm me. when i get home in the morning i got nobody to play and then i get sleepy when ppl finally do come :(

I'll hang out at 26002 for 10-15 minutes and see if you are around. I'm there now. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:50 am 

God Bless All!
-Paradise.

Last edited by Paradise on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:04 pm 

Paradise wrote:
Canadian*Sniper wrote:
"When you win in quake, you lose in life" :lol:

Not really, I'm successful in both.

For the record, it was Sole or ORL that said that ;) You should have quoted them instead of me like so :D

Canadian*Sniper wrote:
"When you win in quake, you lose in life" (Sole/ORL) :lol:

or

Canadian*Sniper wrote:
Sole/ORL wrote:
When you win in quake, you lose in life
:lol:

I see you online now and I'd most like to frag you but I gtg since I got up for a reason :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:58 pm 

God Bless All!
-Paradise.

Last edited by Paradise on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:38 am 

Tia, I'm not accusing you of anything, I know you are an great player. I'm just saying there are cheaters out there that play the game. I am experienced enough at quake and how players move, shoot etc. to know when one is not making normal movements or shots, or whatever. Yes, there are alot of cheat tools out there and I bet that some players use them. Look at SurferGirl, she uses the spike cheat... so obvious with it too. And yes, I know, I camp and other players know too. So when a player comes in an area knowing i'm somewhere in there and shoots or looks in the wrong corner or two, that's normal. SG come in a area that has 4 or 5 hiding places and immediately picks the right one 100 percent of the time. No one is 100 percent all the time, especially when there are
4 or 5 choices to be made and only one is right. I play at IHOC when players are there and win my share of games. There are far less players there and none cheat. Big difference then with Shmack. Kills are far too easy with hook damage and shaft. Oh someone will say that that helps the newbs. Well if it helps the newbs score 20-30 percent more, think what that does for the players skilled as you are. Probably increases their frags by double. And double means 100 percent more. So you see, between hook, shaft, runes and skilled players, when a cheat plays it does nothing but degrade the game, the server and makes some newbs find other games to play. Play every night, you'll see at least 2 cheaters an evening playing.

Now on to upgrades etc. I use glquake. Yes, I tried to use proquake but it wouldn't run for me. I admit I'm not the techie type but it won't work with a Voodoo 3dfx video card. I'm not about to go out and spend over $100 on a new video card just to get 10-15 more frags a game. Also, don't compare a game with operating systems or business software.... it's apples and oranges. I'm sure if everyone used glquake with legit fixes to fix those problems you mentioned, they would all still have fun. Enhancements in business are needed to run a business, "enhancements" you mention in games, just give the person an edge over another person who doesn't have it. Especially third party enhancements. And the game isn't about who have the most enhancements win, it's about being equal and using skill. Look at team sports, is there "enhancements" that one team is allowed to use over another in games? If there are, they are not legal league enhancements which brands the using team as cheaters and draws fines.

There are many great players playing, but you can tell a great player from a cheat very easily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:06 am 

Actually Quake does work with the Voodoo 3dfx video card. I gotta find the link to the thread where Toyo got me the download link to the OpenGL file that allows it.

Well if you still need it. Let me know.

Although you claim it chunks up on Chton's lairr map.(e1m7?). Anyways, this sounds like you are already using some kind of 3d accelerated card because that seems to be a problem on that map specific to cards using opengl/3dfx glide etc.

I run that map with WinQuake and it doesn't hitch up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:26 am 

Quake with 3dfx Voodoo cards

Here you go. In case you still need it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:04 am 

God Bless All!
-Paradise.

Last edited by Paradise on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:13 pm 

Paradise wrote:
if i remember correctly, i offered myself to coach you, and you refused. if some may not now, i also trained Saurak, who used to be a KB-er only, and he does significantly better now :)

I remember when gamefreak wanted me to coach him (be his master). I declined. I don't see the point in someone coaching someone else to play quake. Seems retarded, I'd rather just frag :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:24 pm 

Canadian*Sniper wrote:
declined. I don't see the point in someone coaching someone else to play quake. Seems retarded, I'd rather just frag :P

Ah, not true. You play someone 1 on 1 and then they critique your play.

It works very well. Hydro helped Electrici/Hulkster become about twice the player earlier this year. Bam has critiqued my play and helped me become better at DM.

I used to tell Yellow No. 5 things that I used to exploit against him in Rocket Arena.

You can learn alot when someone helps you improve your play style.

The limit, of course, is reflexes/accuracy ... the two things that you have little control over. You can improve aim/reflexes a little, but overall every player has a maximum level they can attain.

The worst thing that can hold a player back is a terrible key setup, like players that have played for 5 years without having strafe keys (side to side movement) bound or press the 1 thru 8 keys to switch weapons.

Not many players that use the 1-8 keys to switch weapons can knock a player in the air with a rocket and shaft them on the way back down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:33 pm 

Yea I used to do that. Actually I did that last night with Lord Sin who's kinda new. I told him what he should focus on to take me out. But to be someone's "Master" is kinda lame :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:07 pm 

God Bless All!
-Paradise.

Last edited by Paradise on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:34 pm 

what I ment was, just playing people makes you a better player. Instructors are not needed and I'm sure instructors would get very bored :P