Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:46 pm 

Post removed as it no longer represents my current views.

God Bless All!
-Paradise.

Last edited by Paradise on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:08 pm 

Thank you all for your advice and suggestions. I'll try the proquake thingie again, but after I read up on it. Like I said I'm not a techie and with my hubby gone overseas again I'll struggle a little but try anyway.

Thanks again, you're all good people

Demi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:14 pm 

Paradise wrote:
also the water thing, is a feature of GLPRO3.5, I use this too, ask Baker for the exact command (slips my mind at the moment). It allows for the water to be transparent, you can see the structures underwater, but not the players. It is a server side setting as well, the admin has to allow it, and Slot has it on.

Server side vised maps permits players to see other players and items such as health, weapons and ammo through the water plane. Shmack (port 26000) does not utilize server side vised maps and therefore water transparency has limited value. Shmack (port 26000) can not prohibit clients from utilizing water transparency.

Cheat-free servers are a special case since they do not allow for water transparency at all by disabling the feature on the ProQuake clients. Since there is no guarantee other clients will behave as expected, only unmodified ProQuake clients are allowed on cheat-free servers.

The author of cheat-free servers believes water transparency to be a cheat based on the fact that not all players have access to the feature. This is a minority position, especially in today's times, because the vast majority of players have the ability to run GLQuake, released by ID Software, or another client that allows for water transparency.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:27 pm 

toyo_mr2 wrote:
Shmack (port 26000) can not prohibit clients from utilizing water transparency.

Actually, it could.

Rook has CAx (Clan Arena X) force transparent water off for all clients connected and rage.quakeone.com isn't a cheat-free server.

CAx forces r_wateralpha 1 and r_novis 0 on connecting clients presumably using the same method that makes chase_active not work on Shmack.

For GL users: typing r_wateralpha .5 and r_novis 1 in the console will make water transparent, no vised maps required -- but don't expect to see players or items underwater.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:01 am 

It's funny, I knew at one time that servers could force disabling of water transparency, but since I've only been exposed to mainly two or three servers in the last several years, all of which allowed for water transparency, I simply forgot it was possible. It makes sense. If the server can't manipulate client side variables, RuneQuake runes such as weirdness wouldn't work.

Post subject: Spiderpig #1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:16 pm 

:lol:

http://www.gamestatus.net/find.cgi?game ... shmack.net

Your Friendly Neighborhood Spiderpig.......

Post subject: Re: The Top 10 Shmack Players
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:52 pm 
King Scoffer

what a bunch of stuck up wanna be bitches. heres my list of assholes, in o order of importance. There all equal ass squirts:

1) Paradise (queen whore)
2) Sole (stevie's gay ass, cant play on his server, must ruin shmack games)
3) Quazy (otherwise known as Gayzy, known and demod for cheating. Always using a new name tohide. Coward)
4) Frenzy(same as Gayzy)
5)Shit4Brains(skilless, kknown cheat, Got his cheats from frenzy)
6)Baker( simply skilless, not intelligent enough to get a working cheat)
7)CraziCocker (turned rom good player, to absolute cheat. Game empties when he arrives, Game Killer)
8) Saruak (known for cheeating in touraments,other wise. loses even when cheating)
9) Sarah, MUTE (just a stupid cunt. this bitch will never be a wife or mother. A waste of good O2)
10)toyo_mr2 and his fatass wife Cherri. ( complete idiots with everything else, but somehow are "gods" of quake. Not. Many demos of the 600lb plus lovers cheating on shmack.)

none of which have any sense, talk the most ignorant trailor trash, known for cheating, and definitly have no real life.....and have been beaten down in the forums by me many times. Honestly, they should stay away from quake do to there cheating and chasing away the good old school players, as well as the new players.

away with these bitches.

King Scoffer

Post subject: Re: The Top 10 Shmack Players
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:55 pm 
King Scoffer

btw, spiderpig, pigpenis, spiderturd, whatever his name is today......

didn't even qualify to make the dumbass list...

thats real sad to be that sorry.....

jump back in to quake when you want your asss smeared over the game area...

spider pig, spider pig, dies when a dumbass plays quake....

lol hahahaah

King Scoffer