Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: To all TU's wanting to tourney.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:25 am 

There will be another SNS vs TU tourney in around two weeks or so. I'll work with Baker to get the time set up.

My thinking is there will be no announced TU roster for the match. Only an announced list of eligible players. The official TU roster will be announced the day of the match. Or maybe 10 minutes before.

I will not have TU tourney players show up again bragging how little they've played Quake lately when they knew there was a match coming up. Especially after some of them begged to be on the roster. It's disrespectful to the entire team and the entire clan. Then wonder why the match went terrible for them in a spectacular way. Like they can lalalala into a tourney against guys who play CA almost every day. TU's that behave like this WILL NOT compete in the future until their attitude and behavior changes.

Bomber has activity 7 days a week. At some time during every day there is one group or another playing on Bomber/Rage. Especially on the weekends. There is no excuse for sufficient practice not being gotten.

I'll be competing next time if things happen at startime of the tourney like they did the other day. I'd rather lose the match through honest effort then put in players I know are capable of beating the opposing team. Then lose because they clowned the whole time leading up to the match then reaped what they've sown come tourney time.

And I really don't mind losing EVEN AFTER teammates got in sufficient practice. At least it would of been an honest loss.

What happened at the last tourney though was inexcusable.

I don't care of 9 TU's show up ready to go. If I think only 3 are fit to play, then the match will go 3v3.

Also, ALL vital PM's sent that ask for an acknowledging reply need to be answered. A simply reply of 'I understand' or similiar is sufficient.

Also, competing TU's, or those desiring to compete in the tourneys need to frequent the Clan's IRC room. ESPECIALLY a week before a match. And not just sign on and be basically AFK the whole time. You need to be active in the room and discussing things. You will be REQUIRED to report into the TU IRC room AT LEAST a half hour before a match starts to be eligible to compete.

There are many ways to get an IRC client.

One of the simplest to use is the IRC client built into the Opera web browser. Or you can download mIRC etc.

TU's who want to compete, you need show me you REALLY do. I'll be in the Clan_TU IRC room, watching the Bomber/Rage server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:37 am 

There should also be a rule where if you don't have something helpful to say at the prematch part, don't say anything because it's really hard to listen to 5 different conversations at the same time on one dialogue box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:26 am 

Fuzz make sure when the date and time is setup, you let me know. I WILL be there to ref this time. I WILL make sure everything runs smoothly, and I WILL make sure there are no subs that aren't part of a clan. Keep in touch. You know where to find me =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:32 am 

Unfortunately the next match isn't TU's to setup. It's SNS's turn to organize it and decide who refs. All I can do is determine the TU team players.