Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who is your favorite noob?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:00 am 

I would have to say Apple. I love this guy.
He pings like 300, poor thing gets fragged to death, bounced around and lagged all over the place lol, yet he still plays with us, and me, and never complains about one thing.

I also think he is the most terrible active player on shmack lol (no offense) he sucks kinda bad and always ends up in the last place with a few measily frags. lol I always crack jokes with him that he owns Thresh 50 to -99 LOL.

I even played him one on one a few times, and I beat him horribly. I asked him if he was upset aftewards cuz i kinda felt bad. he said "no, thats how u learn." i also asked him if he had fun. he said "yes" :)

my next favorite is Fuzznut_Tu, he is also nice, and doesnt bitch about one thing lol. so i wub you fuzzy lol. he will beat toyo one day lol, watch out! hehehe

i love noobs, they are like little smurfs. i just want to take them and hold em into my hand and kiss em and put em in my pocket :) hee hee. they adorable :P

there are other newbs, but they bitch, camp and scream "bot", so they dont make the list.

do you have any more noobs to add to the list? :D
much love,
-Tia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:22 am 

I love Da Police. He whines and complains but usually sticks with it and plays even though he gets owned. And when he does start to whine about botting, he doesn't do it annoyingly ala Scoffer. And when he gets a kill on me he always says "I killed Sole" lol :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:24 am 

yes I agree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:08 pm 

Joao made an appearance in Quakeone.com and never got the respect he thinks he deserves. I consider him my favourite quake newb. Too bad he only plays at fvf.servequake.com.

Who thinks I'm their favourite newb???? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:48 pm 

Well I like you too but you're not a newb, just below average. :?
Get Joao on shmack! :shock:
How much he pings anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:21 pm 

Paradise wrote:
Well I like you too but you're not a newb, just below average. :?
Get Joao on shmack! :shock:
How much he pings anyway?

Canadian Sniper is definitely above average -- he aims well and can rocket jump, just doesn't have as much experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:34 pm 

actually i wanted to say something but i dont want to insult people.

i will just use myself as an example.
some may think im very good.

BUT...
if you go out there to tourneys or events, some of the players are amazing, they would make TICAL seem average.

they are very talented. i would be considered *below* average there. HERE with you guys, we are not that good, so in our community we think more highly of each other.

if u want to see what i mean, go to http://www.challenge-tv.com/ and watch the demos there, they don't have many for quake but they do for more recent games i think, and you get a better idea of the wide spectrum and what's out there. also learn some new stuff...

just because someone aims "well" and RJ's doesnt mean much. its much more then that, like movement, timing, speed, prediction, control, some of these things you get from experience but some you dont.

just wanted to clarify that, now im going to sleep *yawn. :)
-T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:46 pm 

Baker wrote:
Canadian Sniper is definitely above average -- he aims well and can rocket jump, just doesn't have as much experience.

--If I had zoom working with dinput, I'd never miss you with the shotgun. If I had LPB ping, I'd never miss you with the lightning gun.--

I definately have tons of experience, it's just spread out. I have been playing since 1996 but I don't play as often as I've used too. I only play quake like 1-2 hours a week nowadays.

You could say that I'm pretty good because I hardly play but am able to maintain my skill in the game. But then again, I usually screw around with my opponents more than I attempt to frag them nowadays. I'm still experimenting with unique playing styles. In fact, I think the only times I've tried to win lately were in some CA games where my team was depending on me to defeat 2 or 3 opponents. And one time in crctf.clanhdz where it was Zop and I vs Baron and some other person (because we wanted revenge from a previous ctf match).

Paradise doesn't really have much say on how good I am because we only played one game of RA and I was waisted at the time :-P. I used to play runequake but that was because I wasn't aware of Ra, crmod and ca. After I discovered those, I strayed away from runequake (because hook disgusts me). I've played around a total of 10 games with Baker; I would like to play more RA with him.

Right now I'm using Darkplaces and I like it because it makes my mouse movement very smooth and lowers my ping on the servers (-20 I believe). My only drawback on using DP is that the shadows on maps pretty much camoflauge other players and I can't use my mousewheel zoom when I use -dinput (which is probably a generic problem on all clients).

Joequake on linux.

Paradise wrote:
just because someone aims "well" and RJ's doesnt mean much. its much more then that, like movement, timing, speed, prediction, control, some of these things you get from experience but some you dont.

I'll do everyone a favour by ignoring that comment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:31 pm 

Paradise wrote:
BUT...
if you go out there to tourneys or events, some of the players are amazing, they would make TICAL seem average.

Or maybe Tical would make them seem like average Quake players. :D :D :D

Quote:
they are very talented. i would be considered *below* average there. HERE with you guys, we are not that good, so in our community we think more highly of each other.

When Quake was played by thousands and thousands of players, most of those thousands and thousands of players were average players or worse. Think about even more recent times like Widomaker, DeadZone and DarkZone.

Of the large body of players that play newer games, most of them probably suck :D I've seen Hydro on a Quake 3 server; he kicks ass (that's just 1 example).

Quote:
if u want to see what i mean, go to http://www.challenge-tv.com/ and watch the demos there, they don't have many for quake but they do for more recent games i think, and you get a better idea of the wide spectrum and what's out there.

I'm sure that there are a lot of players of other games that have faster reflexes, but are those the average players of those games? Looking for average in a tournament of any sort isn't usually a good place to find average :D

Quote:

Haha. "Aiming well" is one of the things you can't do a great deal about in Quake. Either you can aim fairly well and turn fairly fast or you can't.

All of the other things can be learned ... map control, anticipating an opponent's movement .. those come from watching other's play and/or playing better players and adapting.

The players that can beat me in DM can usually beat me in Rocket Arena and Clan Arena too. Players that can beat me at Rune Quake can usually beat me in Rocket Arena, DM and Clan Arena.

Slugnut is the perfect example. As far as I know, I first played him at Rocket Arena and he is lethal. One day he shows up CA and the hard-core CA players are wondering who Slugnut is and where he came from because he was almost always leading in frags against some truly strong players.

Quazy owns at Rune Quake, DM and CA. Hydro owns at Rune Quake, DM and Rocket Arena.

But the strategies and tactics are so different in those games, the only common denominator is the speed/reflexes which are probably always going to be about 70% of Quake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:26 pm 

Under the definition:

Noob is meant as an offensive term towards someone who is not nessicarily new, and quite often is directed at someone that is |somewhat| experienced but at the same time stupid/disruptive and/or totally incapable of learning.
A noob is almost always someone who thinks they're cool but obviously aren't.

from urbandictionary.com, I will say "Paradise".

I've seen you come on shmack plenty of times claiming to be the best player there etc etc when you clearly aren't. You're one of the most unjustifiably arrogant quakers I've met in a long time and this post provides more evidence for that.

The fact that you'd call Apple and Fuzznut noobs is completely ignorant. They have both been playing quake for a long time and a slow internet connection is no reason to call someone 'noob'.

I'm sick of your arrogant BS and I'd love to 1v1 you sometime to wipe that smirk off your face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:53 am 

I have been playing Quake for about a year and a half.

@Paradise, I would be the Fuzz in your pocket anytime sweetheart. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:51 am 
zop.runequake.com

Get this couple a room, PRONTO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:28 am 

well mith. this post is esp. for you, do you feel special now, attention-whore?

i have to say your full of shit.
sick of my bs? like there is something you can do about it?!

i never said im the best. "currently" tical, quazy, and gohan beat me by quite a margin.

you on the other hand ARE a noob and a half, because not only you are STUPID but you are one ANGRY noob too, as a result of you attacking my post, (which was also sort of a dearing joke), i will gladly stomp on you and make you feel like the shit that YOU are.

u seem to forget that I DEGRADED you and put u in your place, many times before NOOB, in the game, and I will gladly do so again HERE. so all can see what a fucking angry moron and the hater that you are.

i dont know what makes you think U CAN beat me in 1on1, but i gladly accept your challenge and post a demo, so we can all clown you on how
you wipe "that smirk on my face", which i dont even have.

i think your the one that's ignorant. you got the deffinition of newb all wrong. where did you get that shit from? probably your own stupid head? ha...as if. also you seem to fit YOUR own definition PERFECTLY. HAHAHA!

a newbie is someone just starting out learning the ropes, it is not an offensive term moron. it doesnt mean they are incapabale of learning or that they are stupid/ disruptive. they are just "new", and maybe they don't know the rules, and may act a certwain way.

and just to piss you off more, you are a very stupid NOOB, maybe the stupidest i came across. you are nothing but a small fry, pipsqueak, that tries to bring down a great elite player (me), trying to make himself look better by doing so. well it aint working bud, im smarter then you, play better then you, and i can certainly defend myself against any stupid shit that you may try.

i will probably respond to a few more of your NOOB posts LOL, but not any more after that, since you are a waste of my time and typing skills.

later NOOB. lol.

for everyone else,
love ya! and for the record I LOVE ALL NOOBS. hee :P
-T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:09 pm 

Tia's a nooblet!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:42 pm 

I won't respond to your lame post since most of it is ignorant ramblings. All I will say is lets 1v1. My terms are these:

1. No runes
2. No powerups (quad/pent)
3. Hook

So that each frag is a skill frag. Lets do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:57 pm 

You won't respond because you have nothing to say for yourself. I shut you up lol. You know I'm right and your self-denial won't get you nowhere lol.

you are such a NOOB.
i agree with #1, but u want no powerups, why not? if your so good, you can't control them?? lol
and hook? i dont think so, your a hook whore and i wont let you have it that easily. let's see your core gameplay and how you fight on the ground.

the way you have it is
1. No runes
2. No powerups (quad/pent)
3. Hook

it's not a skill frag... LOL

this would be a skilled match:
1. no runes
2. powerups
3. no hook
4. pure DM

but i think we should do practice mode instead because i bet you are clueless in DM.

so shmack 02 (quake.shmack.net:26002) sounds like a good place, pm me when you're ready...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:32 pm 

pure DM leetness =
  • no hook or modded features (ie, runes or modified weapons)
  • powerups respawn at normal times (1 minute)
  • you start out with no weapons after respawn
  • sv_aim 1 :P
  • equal ping

points 1 to 3 pretty much means no mods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:47 pm 

well we fought and we buried the hatchet.
i wont go into the detail of *the* match, unless ppl. want to know.

peace and gg mith

Last edited by Paradise on Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:42 pm 

yup, the feud is over and I respect paradise as a player. I just want to address the comments on the DM rules.

I generally don't like powerups in 1v1 because it doesn't take as much skill to get frags with quad LG and the whole point of 1v1 is to find out who has more skill. On the other hand powerups are a part of classic quake and I understand why some ppl would definitely want them. I'd still play 1v1 with them enabled but reluctantly.

As for the hook, true it wasn't a part of original quake, but I think ppl had written mods for it within 1-2 yrs of quake's release and it has since become an incredibly awesome tool. I always play on servers with hook enabled and I see no reason to disable it in a 1v1 situation, but thats just my feelings. I also agree with sniper's point #3.

gg paradise

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:17 pm 

mithril wrote:
I generally don't like powerups in 1v1 because it doesn't take as much skill to get frags with quad LG and the whole point of 1v1 is to find out who has more skill.

That's why DM6 is the most popular 1 on 1 map (although the ring is annoying, but at least it doesn't respawn quickly).

Speaking of that, supposedly the megahealth respawn time is wrong in match mode (several Europeans have mentioned this).

If true, it would be a nice tweak to match mode if the megahealth respawn were "proper".

Also it would be a nice tweak in match mode if shooting buttons (a RQ modification) didn't work when buttons are supposed to be pressed. This is particularly noticeable on DM5 and UltraV.

Quote:
As for the hook, true it wasn't a part of original quake, but I think ppl had written mods for it within 1-2 yrs of quake's release and it has since become an incredibly awesome tool. I always play on servers with hook enabled and I see no reason to disable it in a 1v1 situation, but thats just my feelings.

The hook is a great tool. To be considered a solid player, you have to be able to hold your own without the hook and should be able to easily rocket jump when/where required ... especially to the DM6 red armor or the bridge/mound in DM3 and to the quad in DM2.

There are some conversative players that hate the hook (Tical, heh) but I think any complete player can should be able to use the hook with ease. The hook makes DM6 a faster paced and more interesting level.

Say, Tia, I swear I saw you doing the 1-1 hooking the other day and not using +hook, what's with that, haha.

Paradise wrote:
well we fought and we buried the hatchet.
i wont go into the detail of *the* match, unless ppl. are dying to know.

peace and gg mith

So what was the score :D