Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A more functional unofficial "ProQuake" 3.60
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:12 pm 

I've taken ProQuake 3.50 and fixed some things, added some conservative new functionality and added a extra menu. Won't work on cheat-free so if you play at quake.crmod.com, this won't do anything for you.

Some of the things:

1) Brightness controls work now.
2) ALT-Tabbing with Nvidia/GeForce cards is fixed.
3) FOV is fixed in, mostly affected Nvidia/GeForce cards.
4) Add cl_autodemo to automatically record every game if you want.
5) You can bind the whole keyboard and keypad too if you use cl_keypad 1.
6) Cmdlist, cvarlist and stuff like that.
7) Type "time" in the console and it prints the time. One time long ago, Slot Zero added this to ProQuake for me, of course I couldn't use the one he made on cheat-free. After he did, he asked me to pester JPG to do an update of ProQuake, but JPG explained his life had changed and he didn't have time anymore to update ProQuake.

I've used for a few days now and some others have tried it. The overwhelming majority of the changes are from other engines.

Has not been given extended super thorough testing, but everything seems solid and there are no radical changes. One player seems to have trouble with it with his video card, but no one else has seemed to have that problem (but I still care about it and it is being looked into, aguirRe -- who has written Quake engines for years -- is giving me some assistance identifying this player's issue.)

Download: Unofficial ProQuake 3.62

Source code is available, right now the source is for 3.60 (download).

Some screenshots of some of the different things that are new or improved.

The above ^^^ does not work on ATI cards like Radeons; their OpenGL drivers don't support it. By the way, notice the centered crosshair? It is an option in the Advanced Settings menu (ON | OFF | CENTERED).

The bug-fixes are great and the some of the new changes work very well. Try FOV 108 with r_truegunangle 1, the weapon looks much better.

If you come across a problem or an idea, please let me know. This isn't supposed to be anything radical like JoeQuake, this is supposed to preserve the 1999 Quake feel of the engine.

Side note:

By the way, anyone who thinks I move faster. I discovered during the course of testing this --- it is true.

My config has always had cl_sidespeed 999 and cl_upspeed 999 in it. Apparently, if you turn on "always run", it doesn't max these speeds so most players actually DO move slower than someone with a config like mine.

But in this engine, I made ALWAYS RUN max your sidespeed/upspeed as well. I feel it should be easy to get setup properly and this engine has features that attempt to eliminate most of the advantages of knowing all the Quake commands.

Everyone should be playing the same Quake, it shouldn't be about configging.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:01 pm 

Is this implemented in your proquake launcher?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:46 pm 

Fuzznut wrote:
Is this implemented in your proquake launcher?

The ProQuake Launcher is geared towards using ProQuake 3.50 more easily.

This project is so ProQuake natively has all of those capabilities and make something like the ProQuake launcher unnecessary.

This unofficial ProQuake 3.60 has an field of view slider bar and Mouse Look ON|OFF in the menu, and the brightness control works.

Eventually, I hope to add FitzQuake style in-client resolution switching.