Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Giving everyone a more competitive edge
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:47 am 

This is more of an admin configuration finesse question than an issue. I'm sure opinions will vary.

I've gotten some feedback from the players who play on my server and one of the overwhelming comments is that Quake (in general) can be a very lopesided game if you don't have the grenade launcher or the rocket launcher. I'd like to be able to take away some of the power of the RL and GL while boosting the power of some of the default weapons like the rifle and double-barrelled shotgun.

I know there are alternate weapons but I'm kind of unskilled with some of the settings in the settings.qc and worry that messing with them will do more harm than good.

The runes, of course, do a lot to level the playing field between bad-asses and weekend warriors. I'm just hoping I can do more to make it a bit more even.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Giving everyone a more competitive edge
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:25 am 

The only way to neutralize skilled players advantages in my experience are with weapons that have radius like gas grenades.

The shotgun and double barrel shotgun are weapons that skilled players can employ far better because the aim with those weapons matters so greatly.

Rune Quake is great because regular joe's can spam gas grenades, set fire traps, use radiation or use the kamikazee rune and blow themselves up and at least get some frags.