Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Several questions related to the server
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:25 am 

Hello.

I'm just wonderin' who still has admin on the server. Never really see anyone with admin around except every once in a while, someone will be on and the server will warp to another map with no vote.

Also, are all the ID maps in rotation or just a select few? I think I remember reading something about how maps that have been warped to are put into a lower rotation or something. Also, I think it'd be cool if the rotation was updated via public vote on the forums but I doubt enough people come here regularly to make that happen.

Next, are other runes being considered to be implemented? I believe it'd be a good change of pace. Maybe have suggestions made on the forums and put them to a vote or even copy some from the other runequake mod servers.

Finally, how about vote-traps to toggle trap runes on and off. I really hate ice and death traps and since there's a few people who like to go to the server when no one is around and mess with the settings, I'd like an option to do the same. Also, is there a command to reset the server to the normal settings like spawn shields, armor, mega health, powerups, etc?

RuneQuake and Runes of Magic is the only thing I play nowadays and since I just started a new job, I've been playing RuneQuake more often since I don't always have alot of time for Runes of Magic and I like to have a good outlet for stress after work. :D Must be something with runes I like. /me shrugs

<advertisement>
Come to #quake1 on irc.gamesurge.net if you're looking to chat with people.
mIRC command - /server -m irc.gamesurge.net -j #quake1
</advertisement>

Post subject: More questions I hope to have answered
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:32 pm 

Here's a few more questions:

When the runes are in the default mode where you get a random rune when one is picked up, how does standing affect the chance to get a particular rune? It seems harder to get an offensive rune or one of the better defensive rune when you are at the top of the list while even if I'm in second place, the rune availability is vastly different. I wanted to see if this was something built in or just my perception.

Also, with the Teleport rune, does location on the player affect success? Also, since you can trigger the rune pretty quickly, does it only take a single hit on the player or is there an advantage to rapidly trying to telefrag the player? I wondered how the math went. Also, is this something that again gets harder to do after a certain number of frags? I'd like to know the mechanics to this rune.

Hopefully, someone will answer some or all of the questions.

Post subject: Re: More questions I hope to have answered
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:43 pm 

Here are some answers:

chase_active 1 wrote:
When the runes are in the default mode where you get a random rune when one is picked up, how does standing affect the chance to get a particular rune?

It doesn't.

Quote:
It seems harder to get an offensive rune or one of the better defensive rune when you are at the top of the list while even if I'm in second place, the rune availability is vastly different. I wanted to see if this was something built in or just my perception.

A Quake mod doesn't know your position on the scoreboard, your ranking makes no difference to the runes you get whatsoever.

Quote:
Also, with the Teleport rune, does location on the player affect success?

Not at all. Quake doesn't know what part of a player you are targeting actually.

Quote:
Also, since you can trigger the rune pretty quickly, does it only take a single hit on the player or is there an advantage to rapidly trying to telefrag the player? I wondered how the math went. Also, is this something that again gets harder to do after a certain number of frags? I'd like to know the mechanics to this rune.

It's random and the mod doesn't know how many frags you have.

The source code is available on the RuneQuake page http://www.runequake.com and you can look through it. The mod doesn't know or check your score or know or check your ranking and just about everything you asked the answer is "it's random". The teleport rune has a certain % chance of a telefrag and if that fails you switch places.

Post subject: Re: Several questions related to the server
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:54 pm 
zop.runequake.com

Maps are selected based on the number of people in the server at the time the level changes. The same level won't be picked until all the maps of the same size have been played.