Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 184.147.201.xxx Bot On Shmack Demo
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:38 pm 

Put the demo up for your viewing pleasure. Hopefully this ip is banned once and for all. 2 oct!

Attachments:
shmackbot.zip [323.55 KiB]
Downloaded 1526 times

Post subject: Re: 184.147.201.xxx Bot On Shmack Demo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:56 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the demo. The bot has been banned.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:55 pm 

Again, 184.147.200.xxx today.
Slugworth was there and recorded while I played and said he was sending it in as we just spoke.

In the case that he doesn't get it to you, here's a link:
http://www.filedropper.com/shmack-bot-again

This is getting out of hand. We can't even play decent games due to Kimp on Shmack Rocket Arena botting and whoever this guy is just messing up the games on a daily basis on shmack 26000.

I'm thinking you need to completely ban 184.187.xxx.xxx

This is the only way it's going to stop. This nuisance is botting using MY name. Your lax hand need stop as your server is getting handled by the "criminals".

Frenzy is not a man to wrongly accuse a person of cheating like a lot of uninformed players on your main quake.shmack.net server. I'm a tier1 player. I don't randomly accuse.

Last edited by Frenzy on Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:00 pm 

I submitted in the admin forum. Agree 100% with Frenzy.

I haven't been on very much in the last little while due to a wrist injury, but I agree. Let's not lose the servers to botters. And these aren't cases of crap players whining and bot calling. These guys are cheating.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

I'm not trying to sound ungrateful Frenzy, but you need to calm the fuck down. You're bitching and whining like a little Scoffer. This is not the end of the world. The bots will be banned and one day, maybe, I will find someone mature enough to handle the server without being a cranky cry baby.

Again, I DO appreciate your bot reports, just tone it the fuck down. You're not going to strong arm me into giving you admin.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:06 pm 

Slot Zero wrote:
I'm not trying to sound ungrateful Frenzy, but you need to calm the fuck down. You're bitching and whining like a little Scoffer. This is not the end of the world. The bots will be banned and one day, maybe, I will find someone mature enough to handle the server without being a cranky cry baby.

Again, I DO appreciate your bot reports, just tone it the fuck down. You're not going to strong arm me into giving you admin.

There is no strong arm involved, only a wording of "lax" control, and your language is clearly not needed. Perhaps you should calm down. I am merely stating I was shocked you didn't see the clear evidence. Perhaps if you took this approach on King Scoffer maybe he would stop his crying ;) There's much more to say perhaps if I was at all upset with your tone as trying to talk to me like a child. Try a new approach.

And I will keep them coming.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:05 pm 

Frenzy, it might have been better to use private messages with Slot. Quake is important bidness, but Slot Zero is the only reason Quake made it to modern times. I know how infuriating it is when someone is screwing up a game, it is very much so.

Take a deep breathe, realize that it is a bit frustrating.

Besides, whether or not this botter plays under your name Scoffer will call you a bot.

And I certainly hope you beat this botting player. RQ is all hook.

And no one can stop Scoffer's crying. He gets upset when lightly skilled players connect to the server.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:30 pm 

Well, I think everyone should remain calm.....give Slot some time to get this settled it must be frustrating.
The botting started on the 18th, I play on the server most all the time as Slot knows I'm sure....
a few botter's from time to time but lately it's getting outta hand. The good thing is, it's good pratice
as the botting's below par! Hate to say it but it's nice seeing some of the " tier1 players " getting beat up a little,
now ya know how I feel!
J/K
Keep up the good work Slot, hope you get things sorted soon!
EzJacK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:19 am 

EzJacK wrote:
Well, I think everyone should remain calm.....give Slot some time to get this settled it must be frustrating.
The botting started on the 18th, I play on the server most all the time as Slot knows I'm sure....
a few botter's from time to time but lately it's getting outta hand. The good thing is, it's good pratice
as the botting's below par! Hate to say it but it's nice seeing some of the " tier1 players " getting beat up a little,
now ya know how I feel!
J/K
Keep up the good work Slot, hope you get things sorted soon!
EzJacK

We've been beating the bot down :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:43 am 

Indeed EZJack, the botter is not going to win against good players. Neither Frenzy nor I had any trouble handing his ass to him, even with his auto-aim in full effect.

Why would you look upon cheating with even the least degree of allowance? When you open the door for one, the rest are not far behind. And while this guy is not making any effort to hide it at all, the next guy will be better at it.

The Scoffers and Surfer Girls have really tainted a lot of players' thinking around here. Guess what, out of all the regular players those two (plus Doug) are pretty much the only ones who have been busted red-handed cheating.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:33 pm 

funkify wrote:
Why would you look upon cheating with even the least degree of allowance?

Indeed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:31 pm 

funkify wrote:
Why would you look upon cheating with even the least degree of allowance?

Hey,
Like I said remain calm, I don't look at cheating as acceptable behavior at all on any sever but like you said
" your handing his ass to him". Until Slot deals with the announce we may as well have fun beating him down!
It's funny how much static it's caused by the Tier 1 players though, it will get resolved soon and the fun will be over.
Maybe we should have bots on the server more often, of course under Slots direction.....it's not like people haven't been cheating from time to time on this sever before? Scoffer has nothing to do with how I choose to express myself, lets get that straight....
EzJacK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:52 pm 

EzJacK wrote:
"your handing his ass to him".

Perhaps. But the rest of the server definitely isn't. Some of us can beat him, as it's not that hard to beat a bot, especially if you keep them away from the LG. As well, being it's runes, a well seasoned player can work a player using a bot because they're spending to much time trying to hit the toggle(aim) button while getting runes and picking which one to keep, etc. Whoever this guy is, can't use the bot well because he's too slow mentally.

However, I think the "static caused" by "tier1 players" is because it's offensive to see somebody try to do such things. In a law of courts, it would be illegal. I'm pretty sure everyone's calm, although some of you keep saying take a deep breathe.

Some people here are so used to seeing Scoffers cry bot when there is no bot perhaps those people push aside veteran bot-busters as criers. That's something that will change in time though. I'll be active in keeping the shmack server bot free from here on out more so than in the past.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:42 pm 
Site Admin

According to Frenzy and Funkify, Scoffer shouldn't even be allowed on the server. I strongly disagree. I even had to take measures so that these two wouldn't be offended when he's on (by means of a mute command). What do you guys think? Am I wrong? Should I have banned Scoffer? Is this the reason why we have so many bots?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:29 pm 

I’ll be the first to way in on this one, absolutely not! I enjoy playing with Scoffer, for that matter Surfer Girl as well….it’s a fun game and I think everyone should have there say and play how they choose to play! There’s always going to be a little trash talk here and there and to be honest it’s part of the game and always has been. If we start banning everyone for everything I don’t think we would have many players left!
The bot’s come and go and always will, maybe this will change in the near future but for now if you don’t like it….don’t play, there’s lots of servers.

EzJacK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:13 pm 

Slot Zero wrote:
According to Frenzy and Funkify, Scoffer shouldn't even be allowed on the server.

Where am I saying Scoffer shouldn't be allowed on the server? However, if Scoffer was like he used to be, I'd vote for that. A player constantly cutting down other players calling them names? You bet.

How in the world would allowing Scoffer to play have anything to do with who comes on and bots? Not relative.

And don't put words in my mouth.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:19 pm 

Scoffer is like the skunk of Quake. He smells and he's nasty, but he's OUR skunk!

/I remember one time he brought a bot to Rocket Arena. I was a bit taken aback as he was holding his own for a few rounds, after I realized he was botting I adjusted my strategy and pounded him. He didn't have a word to say. I still told him "gg" thinking I might have proved a point that experience and tactics are what Quake is about -- although I'm skeptical he saw things in that context.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:35 pm 
Site Admin

Frenzy wrote:
Where am I saying Scoffer shouldn't be allowed on the server? However, if Scoffer was like he used to be, I'd vote for that. <--IRONY ALERT!

Apparently when "Scoffer was like he used to be", you pointed out to me how he was really pushing your buttons and asked me if there was something I could do about him.

Frenzy wrote:
How in the world would allowing Scoffer to play have anything to do with who comes on and bots? Not relative.

Exactly, but as Funkify mentions, "The Scoffers and Surfer Girls have really tainted a lot of players' thinking around here." It's believed that these characters will change the attitudes of others and cause them to start botting or at least think it's OK.

Frenzy wrote:
And don't put words in my mouth.

Heh, cute. Nice try.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:48 pm 

funkify wrote:
The Scoffers and Surfer Girls have really tainted a lot of players' thinking around here.

L-O-FUCKIN-L!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:58 pm 

Frenzy wrote:
This is getting out of hand. We can't even play decent games due to Kimp on Shmack Rocket Arena botting and whoever this guy is just messing up the games on a daily basis on shmack 26000.

I'm thinking you need to completely ban 184.187.xxx.xxx

This is the only way it's going to stop. This nuisance is botting using MY name. [b]Your lax hand need stop as your server is getting handled by the "criminals". [/b]

Frenzy is not a man to wrongly accuse a person of cheating like a lot of uninformed players on your main quake.shmack.net server. I'm a tier1 player. I don't randomly accuse.

Again, L-O-Fuckin -L.
Nobody uses bots in an OLD GAME like Q1... Or so I was always told. Laughed my ass off reading this thread.