Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A History Of Frenzy [2004-Present]
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

Slot Zero thought it would be interesting to highlight one of Quake's Finest Players, Frenzy. While most of us are on cable or DSL, Frenzy is truly a Tier 1 player. He is legend, not only in the minds of newbies, but deep within his own mind. Attached is a chat log, as huge as the ego of the player himself, of all of his finest and not so finest moments on the Shmack servers. Think of all that you can learn!!

Enjoy and behold!

Attachments:
frenzy_log.zip [355.54 KiB]
Downloaded 1230 times

Post subject: Re: A History Of Frenzy [2004-Present]
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:18 pm 

Slot Zero wrote:
Slot Zero thought it would be interesting to highlight one of Quake's Finest Players, Frenzy. While most of us are on cable or DSL, Frenzy is truly a Tier 1 player. He is legend, not only in the minds of newbies, but deep within his own mind. Attached is a chat log, as huge as the ego of the player himself, of all of his finest and not so finest moments on the Shmack servers. Think of all that you can learn!!

Enjoy and behold!

Cute :) I enjoy going through this. I love how upset you are that you post the entire log of Shmack. Rather than go into personal attacks, why don't you just simply deal with the fact that nobody has attacked you, but said they were shocked that you didn't see how obvious botting was in a demo. Look at you go :) Childish indeed. (I'll expect some cutdown response with namecalling and possibly cussing from you, with all of your class ;) )

Lets talk about your class: Personally attacking someone who actually sends you in demos of people that cheat on your server, and you go into "CALM THE FUCK DOWN" mode because I tell you your hand is lax on your server, which it is. And that I was shocked you didn't see the obvious bot in a demo (sorry maybe your eye isn't as trained as mine to this). No reason to do all this. I'm glad you are though, shows your true colors :)

Nobody tried to strong arm you into anything, and you said they did, again not classy. Childish. And since you want to go into comparisons (saying I'm crying - but also saying thanks for sending in the demo's keep them coming!), your actions are compared as far as moderation goes to that of an Assistant Manager at Pizza Hut.

I administrate more servers than you do, and on each of them, there has never been an issue with them. Especially the ones I own. For you to compare my admin capabilities to "not mature enough"(see other bot thread), is misinformed as well, and just another personal attack. Ask around, nobody has ever been kicked on the servers I own, and the other servers I admin(most of active Quake), same thing. I outwit you based on the fact that you're responding and acting in anger.

I've done tons for the community of Quake, and you've done tons for Quake as well. But for you to sit and attack because I responded to some things in a mature manner is far stretched.

I thank you for RuneQuake, but won't let you sit and attack me, and I'll never bow to you or treat you different than you treat me. You started with the personal attack, and I have yet to attack back. Post all of the logs you want of all the things I've ever said in the virtual word of Quake. The fans may enjoy. haha.

My ego isn't large, I just know my capabilities. Even with a steady 150 ping. BULA

And I am one of the best players to have ever played Quake. I should be after 15 years. Facts, not bragging statements. I also agree and DO help anybody that wants tips etc. I don't run around kicking ass screaming I own you.

You should grow up. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:48 pm 

My ego isn't large, I just know my capabilities. Even with a steady 150 ping. BULA
Whay does everyone have to Quote me,"Bula" "Ez-something" ?

'I am one of the best players to have ever played Quake.
Wow, I've been around from the begining Frenzy, your good but I won't say one of the best ever, but whatever man to each his own....

I don't get it man, why are we even going here, Slot will run the server as he see's fit....thats all there is to it man so give the guy a break. Having a sub-par bot running around the server for a couple days is no big deal till things get sorted out.
Kimp's been running wild all over the quakeone forum for months man, it's like a virus and seems to be the only interesting read over there lately.
Everyone has there issues man, lets just see what happens......Bula!
Ez

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:15 pm 

OMFG, L-O-FUCKIN-L!!!

I haven't logged onto quake (game or forums) in quite some time, this shit if funny!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:18 pm 

Frenzy talking Shmack on the Shmack server? Who would ever believe it?

Oh yeah ... Frenzy has the sky-high ego but his talk almost lives up to it. So we love him.

Besides, isn't the only qualification of true character whether or not someone likes playing Quake.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:59 pm 

Jack, I haven't blown it out of proportion. I simply responded to some inexcusable unclassy cussing in a thread, and Slot is the one going out of hand like a child.

My skill in this game far surpasses most, however, with that I am more than willing on a daily basis to help others improve their game. So it's not like I'm some guy that kicks ass and sits there and brags. Read through these logs, I bet you don't see that. Except when talking to some hostiles who may be onto some nonsense. Whichever, I could care less.

So what if I say it's ran lax, it is, and I'm sure he can agree to that. I haven't once yet attacked Slot-Zero in these responses - meanwhile he's attacking like it's some kind of war. '

Before you go telling me "chill he'll run it out he see's fit", carefully read that all I posted was what I just said - the posts following were simply responses. I am not telling him HOW to run his servers, I simply gave my opinion. The rest of the people blew it out of proportion, including Slot.

You really think I care that he posts a log of 7 years of me playing Quake on Shmack? It's a hell of a nostalgia item for me. I get his sarcasm in it. ha. ha. 20-26, drug filled years drunk filled nights of Quake, hell yeah it's worth reading, every white lie, every argument, everything, it's fun. Thanks Slot-Zero. Big ups.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:06 am 

Baker wrote:
Frenzy talking Shmack on the Shmack server? Who would ever believe it?
Oh yeah ... Frenzy has the sky-high ego but his talk almost lives up to it. So we love him.

Love you too Baker, haha

And yes, who would have known ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:20 am 
zop.runequake.com

I can't wait to see everyone's logs... Perhaps a book deal could be on the horizon.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:02 am 

Frenzy,
I never said that you had blowin it outta proportion dude, it wouldn't matter what I said anyways.
EzJacK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:11 am 

EzJacK wrote:
Frenzy,
I never said that you had blowin it outta proportion dude, it wouldn't matter what I said anyways.
EzJacK

Sorry was just summarizing what I took your post as. My apologies sir.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:41 am 

The most important thing I've got out of this thread is that Scoffer is the lingering "fat-guy does a burrito fart" of Quake.

Other than that, I can't say I've learned much from this thread. Frenzy has an ego? Really? You gotta be kidding me?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:48 am 
Site Admin

Baker wrote:
Other than that, I can't say I've learned much from this thread.

It sure did stir up the forum though. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:43 am 

Slot Zero wrote:
It sure did stir up the forum though. :)

Is that what you need? Forum visits? I'll stir up some forum visits if that's what you want. Any thread with my name in it will get attention. Yes, that's my big ego talking. I'm a Quake topic. And a far better admin ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:19 am 
Site Admin

Frenzy wrote:
Is that what you need? Forum visits? I'll stir up some forum visits if that's what you want. Any thread with my name in it will get attention. Yes, that's my big ego talking. I'm a Quake topic. And a far better admin ;)

The magic of your initial reply to this thread is far greater than anything else I could have come up with. Thank you very much for such a great source of entertainment. I sincerely mean that!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:24 pm 

Slot Zero wrote:
Frenzy wrote:

The magic of your initial reply to this thread is far greater than anything else I could have come up with. Thank you very much for such a great source of entertainment. I sincerely mean that!

No problem chump :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:57 pm 

Ok, ok you guys.....maybe a 1-1 somewhere and we can all watch you guys duke it out?
Well....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:06 pm 

EzJacK wrote:
Ok, ok you guys.....maybe a 1-1 somewhere and we can all watch you guys duke it out?
Well....

Frenzy is a great player ... and he would lose against a Golden Age Slot Zero with Lithium Hook instead of free hook and no gas grenades.

Frenzy versus a rusty Slot Zero ... who knows? I'd say probably Frenzy because he somehow has unlimited hook "energy" and can drive you insane.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:54 pm 

I don't think a 1-1 would solve anything, lol.

I never played shmack persay in its golden age, so I am not aware of Slot-Zero's skill when it comes to the "golden age". However, I know at the same time, I was playing Capture The Flag 24/7, any mod with a hook I excel at. I don't need gas grenades to win a runequake game, so those don't matter. But back then, I'm probably 100% sure he would of beat me, as I was unaware of rune functionality as I am now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:59 pm 

Wow, shmack is an old server! I had no idea you kept all that stuff.

PS: Nice use of grep.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:17 pm 

All I know is... That Me, The Skillet is a god amongst the Quake Gods. Ego or No Ego, challenge anyone to a 1v1 of any mod, any map. ( Except Vis )

Ownt.
kthxgg
Skillet The Quake1 NQ God.
Peace Biznatches =)