Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Domination of RuneQuake
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:07 pm 

So first off , this post isn't intended to be : bot submission demo , or bitching. Although if you want to take it as the former OR the latter, thats up to you.

https://anonfiles.com/file/17f5b5a6350697931349aaf568713a3c

This type of behaviour, coming from this type of player (excessively dominating the server) in my opinion is very bad for the community, and while not mentioning names there is a clear difference between the skill levels of this type of player and was wondering if you are open to suggestions / or even have suggestions on how to preserve the various "corners of NetQuake" that do exist at present time, for the future.

I would also like to take this opportunity to nag you about new runes :)

Someone who cares,
Mindz

Post subject: Re: The Domination of RuneQuake
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:29 pm 
zop.runequake.com

Could I have a transcript to read? Perhaps with some commentary to better understand what's going on.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:45 pm 

Zop wrote:
Could I have a transcript to read? Perhaps with some commentary to better understand what's going on.

Download the demo,Open Quake, play the demo. Zop you're soooooooooooooo lazy now days. I bet you don't even order Pizza anymore :P

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:26 pm 

Yeah-- so I watched the entire demo. He's not a bot... so at least that part is out of the way. However-- I play quite a bit and dont remember seeing this name (Timmy). I guess I get tired of people who play behind a half dozen names so you never know who they are. I can only assume "Timmy" has other names... any ideas?

That being said-- yeah when domination happens it causes alot of rage quitters. I've seen it when I join and start and dominate maps. However there is somebody usually closer to my score (within 10 frags or so) so I guess you can't call it total domination..though I've had my fair share.

I'm not sure what the right thing to do is-- I've played... had 10 players on... by the time I hit 40 frags the server is down to 3 players or less. I quit... come back 5 mins later and there are 7 people on again. Sometimes I will bow out of a map if I'm at... say... 47 frags and the next player has only 12. Is this right to do?

There are some great players out there... and unfortunately when they get online and we all play together... the server will empty out. If setting a time for the "heavy hitters" to play would help this out-- I'm all for it. Maybe a second server for people who want some harder challenges?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:36 pm 

Maybe there could be a tiered system someday.... advanced players category and a category for players who want a slower paced game? or maybe ones that want to advance eventually. You'd need to track stats though for that and you'd need more players. There just isn't enough. This works well in sports leagues, I am sure it would work here.

My opinion is people like Scoffer ruin the servers with all this crazy cheat talk. For example, if you kill him in any way he doesn't understand, he calls 'cheater!' and it kills the vibe on the server.

If people would just chill the fuck out and realize that some players are better than others it wouldn't be a big deal. Why rage quit? I'd much rather play with better players than me it helps me improve my game.

I have had some of my best games against Killa, Smokey, Royal (who is my nemesis!), Dys, Turd Ferguson, Lebowski. Those players are really good, and I prefer to have them in the game. I am improving when playing them. Not when I run around and kill Kunk non stop. Lol.

But that's my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:06 pm 

Timmy is Omicron , an absurdly huge gaping asshole.

Players shouldn't be punished for doing well obviously, but its a pretty simple premise : rape your foes and do not bother either to

a)stop reaming the competition so hard, sooner or later you'll be playing with yourself and thats caled MASTURBATION :P loooool

honestly, I don't know what I was expecting. This is a problem that could only be rectified by determining when each of us are rocking the boat too much, and taking our own steps to avoid emptying the servers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:50 pm 
King Scoffer

Omincock is an old skool and obvious cheater.

busted him more times than mindx has nose hairs...

why hes still allowed, well yall know....

seems to be ok on Call Of Duty BO2...!

King Scoffer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:13 pm 

I guess my question is, when some of the players mentioned are in a direct fight with me, I see my screen stutter and many times my weapon will not fire. Many times the player in question has twice the ping. My ping remains around 56 even though two years ago it averaged a 39. Supposedly Comcast has increased the bandwidth over the last 2 years, but I'm not seeing it on Shmack. So I'm trying to figure out if the issue I'm having is a monitor issue or a connection issue. I have ask a few times if others have these same issues when someone like Royal is playing... and some say yes, but also include it's because Royal is a cheat. My reply back is oh yeah...just how is he doing that...and of course there is never an explanation or proof. It would be easy to say OK, he's cheating and he has a secret code that makes him move faster and me slow down, but I'm not buying it! I've been playing this game since it was released and always heard that people were cheating, but never proof or a link to all these amazing cheat scripts that do all these things. I vaguely remember some line to add to my config file that would enable one key stroke to jump, spin and shoot, but I could never get the hang of using it. So back to my question...is it possible that some of these players are using lines in the config file that does multiple movements and my 30 inch monitors cant keep up because of there slower 16ms response rate? There is a noticeable difference when some players are on, but I don't buy in to the cheat theory! The only thing it reminds me of is back in the day of the Gooland server, I was admin and would try and fight Troy (his server) and I could never hit him. I would have to shoot way ahead of where I thought he was going. The big difference in those days was he had a 20 ping and I had a 120 ping. So with some players having twice my ping, I cant see it being the connection.

Thanks for the server Slot
Necro