Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Admin Abuse? Unbindall Abuse? IUNNO!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:32 pm 

I'm somehow ruining this country:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:20 pm 
deadzone.runecentral.com

Cobalt, Nekkid, et al. There are those who seek attention, even negative attention and they're just not worth the keystrokes.

Let's have fun on the server and be grateful Slot still puts up with our nonsense (read: bi-yearly drama). :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:25 pm 

Cobalt. I don't think you should be speaking in such broad terms. Speak for yourself - that's fine. But you are a very complaint-based player. You often sit on the server and just complain that "Dee uses the hook too much", "Your ping is low. that is why you are good". I think that's an important context to identify. That, in its own way, is also disrespectful to players that have played long/hard to develop the craft of the game. And like Slot says, as it turns out, the object of the game is to kill.

Omicron/Timmy is an absolute shithead. That is not up for debate. That is a known fact. He has zero decorum while playing. Is he good at Rune Quake? Absolutely. Should he be banned for being good? Absolutely not. Should he be banned for vulgar language and disrespectful behavior (especially, and this part annoys me to no end, to the players lower on the score sheet) well, that is up for debate? But by no means should he be banned for skill. That is ridiculous.

PainKiller is admin. Not Cobalt. You have to hear the respect of the community before you start talking on its behalf. Voice your opinion sure. But, I for one, do not share it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:51 pm 

DeeKillah wrote:
Cobalt. I don't think you should be speaking in such broad terms. Speak for yourself - that's fine. But you are a very complaint-based player. You often sit on the server and just complain that "Dee uses the hook too much", "Your ping is low. that is why you are good". I think that's an important context to identify. That, in its own way, is also disrespectful to players that have played long/hard to develop the craft of the game. And like Slot says, as it turns out, the object of the game is to kill.

Omicron/Timmy is an absolute shithead. That is not up for debate. That is a known fact. He has zero decorum while playing. Is he good at Rune Quake? Absolutely. Should he be banned for being good? Absolutely not. Should he be banned for vulgar language and disrespectful behavior (especially, and this part annoys me to no end, to the players lower on the score sheet) well, that is up for debate? But by no means should he be banned for skill. That is ridiculous.

PainKiller is admin. Not Cobalt. You have to hear the respect of the community before you start talking on its behalf. Voice your opinion sure. But, I for one, do not share it.

Refer to me as Mozart, gentleman. Also according to Cobalt I may or may not be a rap connoisseur.

Attachments:
Screen-Shot-2015-03-02-at-11.28.35-PM.jpg
Screen-Shot-2015-03-02-at-11.28.35-PM.jpg [ 19.74 KiB | Viewed 54835 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:05 am 

Cobalt. And oh yeah, maybe cool it on the racist language while on the server. Who says that N word? Wow.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:17 am 
zop.runequake.com

Oh man, this whole time tim was Omicron? In that case he definitely needs to be banned- just kidding.

I've only played with him a couple times, if that. Someone was actually trash talking to him, the one time I remember. However, I've read complaints about him more than a couple times... it was always about his mouth. I believe he's even been banned on other servers at times. If I was in-game, and he was talking down to others, I'd end up replying that he was being cruel or something, but I wouldn't look for a ban.

But if someone is really keeping you from your fun, it sucks, but I think in this case you need to play smarter, not harder. In game, focus all you have on just him- figure out what rune he has and just look for an opposing rune, and so on. Get a world-famous rivalry going,

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:53 pm 

cobalt wrote:
I dislike because of their style of play with the hook. I don't know what you could possibly be irritated with anyway, since you can beat me consistently by using the hook, and you seem to think its great.

Correct. It's the hook and hook alone that wins games (/sarcasm font/). Again, thanks for the disrespect on my abilities . That's very becoming of you. Turn the hook off and Dee will still be playing rune quake. Whatever the consensus is on the server, I am happy to go with that.

And your use of the N word? I've seen that more than 4-5 times. You don't feel the need to address that!? Well, then I really can't vouch for you dude. If I was admin I wouldn't tolerate homophobic language or racist language for a second. That's egregious behaviour that has no business anywhere, let alone in a Quake game.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:11 pm 
Site Admin

cobalt wrote:
Well aside from your narrow minded view, I also do some nice things for the community like point out bugs, make new sugguestions such as the creep chase cam so that the playing experience for ALL (even aholes like Timmy) can be better.

The first thing that came to mind when I read this was that meme, "What about all the good things Hilter did?" LOL!

DeeKillah pointed out some things that you do that could be considered poor etiquette; things that might have a negative effect on the community. Instead of acknowledging and addressing his issues, you completely dismissed them and accused him of being narrow-minded. What makes your criticism so much more valuable than his? Don't you see how this makes you look like you're asking for special treatment?

Just because you do what you feel is an overwhelming amount of good for a community doesn't exempt you from criticism, nor doesn't it make that criticism any less valid from your own. So while you may feel that people are "re-directing the blame back on you", what they're really doing is pointing out your hypocrisy and asking you to explain why when you do things seen as bad in the community it's good, but when someone else does it, it's bad.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:35 pm 
Site Admin

DeeKillah wrote:
If I was admin I wouldn't tolerate homophobic language or racist language for a second. That's egregious behaviour that has no business anywhere, let alone in a Quake game.

I allow this type of language on the server and on the forum because I feel that it's disingenuous to prevent people from speaking words. More often than not, words like these are used for their shock value and to elicit a strong response. Words themselves do no actual harm, its the meaning we ascribe to these words that cause us harm. If we remove these words or put a higher value on them, we give them more power and that only bolsters the negative effect from them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:03 pm 

cobalt wrote:
Oh, yes, Im def as bad as someone who has been kicked off and banned from other Q servers multiple times.

As for Dee, he is more or less hijacking this thread to draw attention to himself as usual, like he does in the games by dominating. If he cant dominate and win most the combat, he leaves...never see him at the end of a map finishing w a low score , because thats how he tries to fool other players that he never has bad games. Sorry but to me thats narrow minded. Could I be wrong sure, Im always the first one to say that, but until I see differently my view remains unchanged...and its MY view - not forcing it on ANYONE - not saying its more valuable than any other players weather good or bad. There are players who have alot worst than I do to say about Dee, that much I know...and they are entitled to their views just like anyone else.

As for addressing his issues, I dont see where thats a topic in this thread. If Dee wants to open another thread titled:

"Mom, Cobalt said I was narrow minded !! "

Ill be glad to participate. I apologize in advance if there are any kids reading this post and are offended by my terminology and language....but I believe most of us are adults.

Slot Zero wrote:
The first thing that came to mind when I read this was that meme, "What about all the good things Hilter did?" LOL!
DeeKillah pointed out some things that you do that could be considered poor etiquette; things that might have a negative effect on the community. Instead of acknowledging and addressing his issues, you completely dismissed them and accused him of being narrow-minded. What makes your criticism so much more valuable than his? Don't you see how this makes you look like you're asking for special treatment?

Just because you do what you feel is an overwhelming amount of good for a community doesn't exempt you from criticism, nor doesn't it make that criticism any less valid from your own. So while you may feel that people are "re-directing the blame back on you", what they're really doing is pointing out your hypocrisy and asking you to explain why when you do things seen as bad in the community it's good, but when someone else does it, it's bad.

Cobalt.

Many have tried to beat The Champ. None have succeeded. Ask DeeKillah the types of thrashings I lay on him 1v1. I turn him, a grown man, into a whiney baby. He breaks down mentally, cries and leaves prematurely. I don't blame him. If I had to face me, I would break down too. Imagine watching Napoleon craft a military strategy or Michelangelo mould the Pieta. That is the level of display you get when you watch me Quake. No one can do it like me Cobalt. Watch me Quake and take notes because you never know when I will leave this game behind and take my Art to newer arenas.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:31 pm 

Ok, well.....guess I should say something here because I almost had enough of Timmy coming on and bashing everyone and clearing the server, I put up with a lot most of the time but lately it's getting outta hand! I don't mind a good player coming on and doing his thing, I respect that but this guys pissing me off, talking like he's going to shut down runequake because he's the best player ever and never lost....give me a break man! If this server is going to continue and look for new players into the game this guys doing a good job shutting things down. I've played for a long time and supported this server, losing interest really quick. Just my thoughts.....EzJacK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:38 am 
Site Admin

I used to get the exact same complaints about Scoffer and from a lot more players as well. It became so much of a problem that I had to create a mute list, just for him. I can add Tim to the mute list, if you like. You'll have to activate the mute feature manually each time you connect, using the ignore-mute-client command, or you can have it trigger with the server's special init alias, which gets called each time a player connects.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:30 pm 
deadzone.runecentral.com

Slot Zero wrote:
I can add Tim to the mute list, if you like.

He's already in there Slot so you're way ahead of yourself. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

Awesome, thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:13 pm 

Thanks guys, I'll be using this feature.....I'm just a little confused as to why a guy would donate and than talk such trash on the server, guess he figure's it gives him the right....Cheers!
EzJacK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:00 pm 

Slot Zero wrote:
Awesome, thanks!

I'm just trolling here. I don't take Runequake seriously. I barely talk to these guys while I'm in game unless it's to make fun of them for being so uptight and annoyed by me playing. They mostly try to talk to me. So the ridiculousness of recommending that I'm muted is hilarious. Sure mute me because all of these inbreds talk crap, call me a cheater, say I ruin the game, etc. and I respond "lol. you suck." 5% the time, say nothing the other 95%. I should be asking how to mute these fools.

If you want to see me play a serious game of Quake come to team deatchmatch at dm.quaketx.com. I get heated there :D .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:21 am 
Site Admin

Slot Zero wrote:
omicron wrote:
I'm just trolling here. I don't take Runequake seriously. I barely talk to these guys while I'm in game unless it's to make fun of them for being so uptight and annoyed by me playing. They mostly try to talk to me. So the ridiculousness of recommending that I'm muted is hilarious. Sure mute me because all of these inbreds talk crap, call me a cheater, say I ruin the game, etc. and I respond "lol. you suck." 5% the time, say nothing the other 95%. I should be asking how to mute these fools.

If you want to see me play a serious game of Quake come to team deatchmatch at dm.quaketx.com. I get heated there :D .

Woot, neat! I will be there on Wednesday, all day. You better show up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:54 pm 

Slot Zero wrote:
Slot Zero wrote:
omicron wrote:

Woot, neat! I will be there on Wednesday, all day. You better show up.

What, no way. Do you have a smart phone / can I add you to our Groupme room? It's a notifier we use for TDM games and the banter is a lot of fun. Works on smartphones and has an in-browser app as well. Can you shoot me your email?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:28 pm 

Quote:
Many have tried to beat The Champ. None have succeeded. Ask DeeKillah the types of thrashings I lay on him 1v1. I turn him, a grown man, into a whiney baby. He breaks down mentally, cries and leaves prematurely. I don't blame him. If I had to face me, I would break down too. Imagine watching Napoleon craft a military strategy or Michelangelo mould the Pieta. That is the level of display you get when you watch me Quake. No one can do it like me Cobalt. Watch me Quake and take notes because you never know when I will leave this game behind and take my Art to newer arenas.

You thrashed me ONE time. Once on DM2. You played well.

I beat you the other game that day... and I beat the poo out of you twice last time we played and you took your ball and went home. Nice try though, mate.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:33 pm 

DeeKillah wrote:
Quote:

You thrashed me ONE time. Once on DM2. You played well.

I beat you the other game that day... and I beat the poo out of you twice last time we played and you took your ball and went home. Nice try though, mate.

Dee,

Come play team deathmatch with us and salvage your tarnished dignity. Tonight at 9pm-10pm EST. dm.quaketx.com.

Also what is your email, I will add you to our TDM GroupMe channel so you can be notified about games. Don't say you don't play DM either. That doesn't fly with me cupcake.