Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Admin Abuse? Unbindall Abuse? IUNNO!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:02 pm 

Slot Zero wrote:
Slot Zero wrote:
omicron wrote:
I'm just trolling here. I don't take Runequake seriously. I barely talk to these guys while I'm in game unless it's to make fun of them for being so uptight and annoyed by me playing. They mostly try to talk to me. So the ridiculousness of recommending that I'm muted is hilarious. Sure mute me because all of these inbreds talk crap, call me a cheater, say I ruin the game, etc. and I respond "lol. you suck." 5% the time, say nothing the other 95%. I should be asking how to mute these fools.

If you want to see me play a serious game of Quake come to team deatchmatch at dm.quaketx.com. I get heated there :D .

Woot, neat! I will be there on Wednesday, all day. You better show up.

Slot, I have rallied the troops for team games this evening. 9pm-10pm EST. Will you be on? Also, what is your email?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:59 pm 
Site Admin

1v1 MATCH RESULTS

You were a tough opponent. Perhaps we can do this again next you. I will mark my calendar.

Attachments:
match3.jpg
match3.jpg [ 16.72 KiB | Viewed 53904 times ]
match2.jpg
match2.jpg [ 16.85 KiB | Viewed 53904 times ]
match1.jpg
match1.jpg [ 17.53 KiB | Viewed 53904 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:30 am 

Slot Zero wrote:
1v1 MATCH RESULTS

You were a tough opponent. Perhaps we can do this again next you. I will mark my calendar.

Hate to break it to you chief, but that's not me. Someone trolled the crap out of you. For real email address though? I want to get you in some TDM games.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:31 pm 

I don't play DM with Texans or whatever that is.

I learned Rune Quake from scratch. I find the non-rune stuff boring as F. Wow. Who would spend time just rocket jumping and playing oldschool quake? Boring.

......... and I LOVE that I beat you on a game you think you've mastered. HAHAHHAAH. Too funny. Also I would love a 22 ping, that would be lovely. I would simply beat you all the time on RQ if that was the case. Yeah, let me send you my email bro. Coming right up! No interest whatsoever. See you in RQ when you join.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:13 pm 

Not one to argue, and I get you trust your admins, but today (about 20 minutes ago) there were 4 people on the server. Map finished and new map loaded. About 1 minute into the map someone voted on a map change to DM2 or DM4 (forget which). Vote failed. About 30 seconds after vote failed, Painkiller just changed the map to whatever it was that the vote originally requested. There was no reason to change the map... the vote request failed...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:52 pm 

steve wrote:
Not one to argue, and I get you trust your admins, but today (about 20 minutes ago) there were 4 people on the server. Map finished and new map loaded. About 1 minute into the map someone voted on a map change to DM2 or DM4 (forget which). Vote failed. About 30 seconds after vote failed, Painkiller just changed the map to whatever it was that the vote originally requested. There was no reason to change the map... the vote request failed...

Sole these guys are the newbiest noobs of the Earth. There is no talking sense.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:19 pm 

Pain did it again just a few minutes ago... 5 players on the server, map was e2m3. A vote comes up for DM4, it fails, and Pain just exits the level. 2 players then leave... he's ruining games here by forcing map changes when no one votes for them...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:48 am 
zop.runequake.com

For sure that really happened? It seems pretty sleazy. Did it really go to dm4? Perhaps someone else started to vote? I would ask him next time it happens if he did it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:21 am 

Zop wrote:
For sure that really happened? It seems pretty sleazy. Did it really go to dm4? Perhaps someone else started to vote? I would ask him next time it happens if he did it.

I'm not saying he started the vote, just that he changed to that map after the vote failed. But as I said, he did it a few days earlier when I was there as well. After the map changed, I wrote something like "wtf" and he said LOL or something to that effect. Check the logs... a few minutes into DM4, I did a vote-exit which passed. Map changed to something else, he then went observer and didn't say anything else.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:20 pm 

steve wrote:
Pain did it again just a few minutes ago... 5 players on the server, map was e2m3. A vote comes up for DM4, it fails, and Pain just exits the level. 2 players then leave... he's ruining games here by forcing map changes when no one votes for them...

Painkiller is a shitty newb who has an admin code. That is a recipe for disaster. Like I said, what do you expect out of these people? Slot seems like a great guy but he has succumbed to entertaining the scummiest members of this community. Quake is a 20 year old vintage game and someone like PainKiller is still somehow terrible at it and trying to ban people for cheating, switching maps suddenly, etc. He is a mental degenerate and that much is obvious.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:11 am 
Site Admin

Sorry for the delayed response. I have been on a Payday 2 binge and haven't checked the forums in a while.

With regards to Painkiller changing the level, I cannot understand why this is such a big deal. From what I've seen here, it has happened perhaps 2 or 3 times over the course of as many weeks. Are you suggesting that this is admin abuse when an admin changes a level from time to time? If so, I too am guilty as I have on many occasions changed to a level that I feel like playing and even voted down ones I did not.

I think you're going a little overboard on your reactions here.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:54 am 

As I said above, the last time he did it, there were 5 people on the server and everyone was actively playing. Map starts, someone starts a vote-map change. People are still playing. Vote fails. He switches map. 2 people then leave. Everyone was playing up until he switched maps. Three players remained (myself, Pain, and someone else, I forgot who). I issued a vote-exit. It was a success. Map changes and now Pain sits out, so we're down to two players.

There's a vote system in place for a reason. I get that if there's a couple people inactive and players are trying to vote a different map. Admin can and should step in because a vote will never pass with inactive people sitting on the server. In this case, everyone was playing. The vote failed because obviously there was not a majority who wanted the map changed.

Randomly changing maps when the server did not ask for it ruins games. With only a handful of players remaining, you can't ruin games like that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:15 pm 
Site Admin

His events of the story don't match yours. But rather than accuse each other of lying, let's actually just think for a second the harm done. On one hand, I allow people to play who dominate the server consistently. Some players get mad at this and leave the server. Now, an admin changes the level for whatever reason, and this causes players to leave. You see there is no winning solution here. People are going to leave regardless of what you do and no rules I enforce will grant everyone will be happy 100% of the time. In the spectrum of admin actions that I would consider abuse, changing a level once or twice in one night is so far down the line I'm shocked that it's even brought up as abuse.

It seems there are several factions who just won't get along. Eventually one of these factions will get angry and leave; that's just the nature of things whether in a bustling community or a dying one.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:58 pm 

Well said Slot, Pain is doing a fine job, not sure why Steve's crying...but I and many others appreciate being able to play, thanks again!
EzJacK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:55 am 

steve wrote:
Map changes and now Pain sits out, so we're down to two players.

It could have been worse, you could have been 'the other guy'! He was stuck playing alone against you on a server that has a grappling hook.

"Aw shit, it's just me this 'I'll score 53 mutherfucka!'" -- the other guy says to himself (if Scoffer's husband, now that the state Scoffer lives in passed a new law so Scoffer can get married) or herself (Scoffer).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:06 am 
zop.runequake.com

Really, I can't really argue AGAINST dm4.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:59 pm 

WOW SIGNAL.

I reserve the right to with hold my opinion.

edit : I will however get down with some faction creation / exploitation.

Someone make one so I can decide whether or not to join it, and please lets refer to the factions as clans.

:)