Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Quake Retextured by woods *Update*
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:40 am 

I've updated my textures page. The CTF textures have been merged into a pak with the exmx map texture pak. By combining the two paks I reduced the size (repeat textures) and I also compressed the textures into jpg format. Qrack supports jpg textures and from the standpoint of my textures there is no drawback in them being in jpg format. Remember that digital photos are jpgs...so the quality is really not a problem.The total size of the map texture pak is 40 megs. This is much reduced from my huge paks prior to this release.

The update also includes NEW Quake Retexturing Project textures that have not been released in a pak from their website, but are viewable on their textures page. I made many corrections to a few of the CTF maps are well. All in all this is a VERY complete texture set that stays VERY true to the original Quake textures. I have taken pride in making everything match and look sweet. The pak also includes colored ligthing for some CTF maps and dm6/e4m3, two maps that look really good with colored lighting, but most people may not have the .lit files or know what they are.

I also updated the model texture pak to include my new player skins...These are different than the ones that Yellow and Rook have been handing out and I prefer them. The use of these new player skins is only obtainable with Qrack. My model pak uses to my knowledge the best looking models. I shrunk the size of the CTF flag on public servers. Honestly the CRCTF flag is way too big.

I plan on posting a pak in PNG format for those NOT using Qrack. In most cases that would be for QuakeWorld players, because anyone using a new engine playing NetQuake should and probably is using Qrack. I also have interest in posting a Hi-Res pak, due to the fact that the textures will always look better if they are bigger, even if the difference is negligible.

http://www.quakeone.com/ctfre

woods

Post subject: Re: Quake Retextured by woods *Update*
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:57 am 

Does anyone still have this pack and could possibly upload it somewhere?

The above file and every mirror of it I can find seems to be down. Would be a shame if this was lost.