Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Concerns
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:41 pm 

Hey dudes.
Just checking in. Been playing a bit more late night these past few weeks since I have been home from tour. My question is: WHERE IS EVERYBODY?

I was just on the server with OG, and Hypno and asking about some players we used to play a lot: Godsend1, Master Splinter, Lanman, Lebowski (? where did he go?), Royal Assassin, Dys, Clayborn, Desmond Tutu, Retard Strength, Fuzzy, Killa, Sprax. Nekkid, Sole

The vibe just feels off lately... maybe because you got guys like Cobalt who literally instantly leave the server (in protest?) to when I join - even if I say I am only playing for 5 minutes. Don't let that ruin your day dudes..... just play against me for a few minutes. It's one of the lamest things I have seen over the years. Dopa quits when I join as well.

And now I have just read in another thread Cobalt saying the some players are ruining the server. Check yourself before you accuse people. That is the opposite of sportsman like play. And last time I checked Cobalt only started playing here recently. I have been playing Shmack for like 6-7 years. What is his problem? Just play and if I kill you, who cares? It is supposed to be fun.

I have had some great 1v1 games against Die_Plz lately. I really appreciate those that play me 1v1. Thank you (OG, Jack, Lanman, Fireilla... that's super cool bros).

Anyway. I hope we can get some love back on this server and stop with all the petty shit. Just play the game and maybe don't leave in protest. Just kill me a few times. I won't mind.

Here's to Shmack and to many more games hopefully.
DK.
x

Post subject: Re: Concerns
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:52 pm 
zop.runequake.com

If I'm not getting my ass handed to me, how will I know to get better?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:07 pm 

I haven't been playing lately. In fact, software/coding updates to quakeone.com have been halted for a little bit as well. Have had some personal issues come up the past few weeks or so. Hope to be back on the servers soon!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:34 am 

Hi DK,
If the player names are to be believed, I've seen Nekkid, Die_plz, Sarah, Clayborn, Gem, Leatherface, the mighty EZJack, and a few others on there recently.
Perhaps it is the usual summer lull due to holidays, etc.
On the other hand, do you think that there could be anything that you are doing that might possibly be making people leave, go obs, etc as soon as you arrive? I don't think it's a personal thing as in my experience you have always been polite and friendly to me. Perhaps (and I'm just guessing here so don't shoot the messenger) it's a competitive thing?
Obviously, this is just my humble and hopefully helpful suggestion, so feel free to ignore it and carry on as is :wink:

Kind regards

Monty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:06 pm 

SOLE get back on there!!!

Burnsy. Sure. It's totally possible.

Although over the past MANY months other than with Cobalt (king complainer about Dee) or Omicron (who quite simply has zero decorum) I haven't really experienced any negativity -- other than Gem and I arguing over the fact that rune quake does actually take talent. LOL.

Been enjoying all other chats on the server and pretty solid games!

Good point about summer holidays. I have seen those people on the server too just not as much and not for very long. I know EZJack is having packets drop and lag issues.

Peace out.
DK

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:02 pm 

Dee, welcome back! Thanks for including me man, I didn't know you cared :)

Remember this post? Turns out it was just me, so I bought a new laptop and have been playing the fuck out of Skyrim and XCOM:EW.

Cobalt et al quits the second we get into E2M4 or E1M5 as well. I might be an alt spamming camper, but I'd just had enough of fire traps in start. Not my game anymore. You know I can be first to 50 by blindly pumping gas onto to mega in DM4 or DM6? That's boring as hell. I'd rather get beaten by you or Royal after running half way across the map and dumping 40 rox than frag Clayborn while he's grapple camped over the LG in start. Like I said, not my game anymore.

Cheers!

EDIT:
Decided to see if it was still true, got in, playing E3M2 (good map) with crane and killah: dspots, anit-packs, and I left when someone nuked me with a freeze rune. Thanks for the frags all, I think this is it for me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:16 pm 
zop.runequake.com

Sorry, buddy; you'll just have to stay with us, forever, whether you like it or not.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:49 pm 

DK: summer.... done like 20K air miles...just too nice at the beach/mtns/rivers or islands! I don't mind playing you...we often get close scores, and once in a while, ..I get lucky! You have a good attitude, too.

Sprax... If you start playing again I promise I will change out my "start" ogg sound file from 9inNails to The Doors...Light My Fire!

No new games,...just variations of quake these days. Q 4 Ever. Once Google introduces the new integrated-gray-matter-neuro-chip, I will upload quake and play 24/7.

Be well all... watch out for sharks.

Q-N

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

I found the perfect game for you, Cobalt.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/386870

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:28 pm 

cobalt wrote:
NIGGER

NIGGER

NIGGER

NIGGER

NIGGER

NIGGER

NIGGER

NIGGER

Tell me more, the story was just getting good.