Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Server change in September?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:15 am 
Site Admin

Colocation is when you own the server but pay for storage and bandwidth. The new server is 2X Intel Xeon E5430 w/ 32GB RAM.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:21 pm 
Site Admin

I noticed a rise in ping at times as well. So, I asked Zop to check it out. He mentioned he never got over 100 on the old server, so we went to test that out and it was rising there too. And he actually did go over 100 on the old server. So, I don't know what to make of it. I think the more you look for a problem, the more you'll find it. Are you saying that you feel the ping? Or are you just constantly hitting ping to look for an increase?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:48 pm 

cobalt wrote:
You can see them all jump around if you just look at the scoreboard, I use DP so the ping times are always next to the scoreboard. DP also has a net graph you can pop up on your hud, and I can see lots of spikes show up on that while this is all happening. Also yea you can feel the results as you play...its mostly like you are phased out of the loop entirely, and what you see on the screen is already old news, so reacting to it is pointless...so not much sense playing.

I just did some regular command prompt pings, and they reflect mostly the same thing - the ping starts ok about 60 ish, then as you do more ping tests, it creeps up and up gradually, and now I see a packet loss event happening about once ever 4 seconds, which is probably that spike in the netgraph.

In the other post you said you are using the same host, just different IP's? At this point the host might have the issue and not have skilled enough staff to pinpont the problem. Thats what happened at my old host, and and when I said you probably got too many niggers and lgbt working there, they got mad and shut my server off the new - lol....not shitting you.

Actually this type of spike / lag problem sounds _alot_ like what I encountered at my other host where they chassis swapped my hardware. The HW was a good 4 years old and swapping it definitely improved the frequency of the problem, but it still was there , usually at night times alot like this one is showing.

It could be alot of things of course, and may well be that no matter where you move the server the problem will happen again in varying degrees. The support people I had trying to troubleshoot the issue in my tickets definately didnt wanna cooperate beyond saying "We checked everything on our end and its ok". Call that Canned answer numero uno...not good enough for me, I want to know in detail what was checked, and at least get credit for sugguesting the HW swap - these kids are completely clueless about troubleshooting these days if you ask me.

Slot Zero wrote:
I noticed a rise in ping at times as well. So, I asked Zop to check it out. He mentioned he never got over 100 on the old server, so we went to test that out and it was rising there too. And he actually did go over 100 on the old server. So, I don't know what to make of it. I think the more you look for a problem, the more you'll find it. Are you saying that you feel the ping? Or are you just constantly hitting ping to look for an increase?

on topic:how many FPS are you using? what client? I have experienced increasing ping and dropped data grams due to fps was set too high

off topic?:I'm curious, was you raised to act so disrespectful?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:50 am 
Site Admin

cobalt wrote:
Thats what happened at my old host, and and when I said you probably got too many niggers and lgbt working there, they got mad and shut my server off the net - lol....not shitting you.

Well, if your intention was to piss the guy off it looks like you succeeded. I can't imagine expecting a positive outcome after saying that. In fact, I think even if you really do feel that way, it's probably best to keep it to yourself.

Post subject: Re: I have issues
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

I hate to break it to you but I'm not giving out free counseling sessions. Take your personal problems elsewhere. If you have something useful that actually relates to the server, by all means contribute it, otherwise I really could care less about your personal life or the problems you face in day to day life.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:16 pm 

Nevermind, too much respect for Slot Zero to feed trolls.

Last edited by mindzx on Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

cobalt wrote:
Posting to this board is contributing, at least I'm showing an interest and sharing what I know...trying to show some good will to the RQ player community.

You don't contribute, you derail. Just because you interject with what you think of as words of wisdom, doesn't make it a useful contribution. If you want to show some good will to the community, stop derailing posts.

cobalt wrote:
Not sure why the subject of the post had to get changed, but I guess its your board, and your server.

The subject of this post didn't get changed. I simply extracted the contents of your off-topic posts and put them into a new thread. I was forced to give it a title, so I named it what I thought best described your posts.

cobalt wrote:
Whats concerning is if you start to decide to pick on players using code on the server to cause hassles...didnt think you were like that, but if you can change my post here and dont think it has repercussions, you might want to think again. I dont take kindly to people putting words into my mouth by jumping on my freedom of speech and these days I call a spade a spade and its terrorism really what you did here changing my post.

I didn't modify a single post of yours. I think you might need to adjust your tin foil hat.

cobalt wrote:
Next time a player comes to me for help, I will say go to Slot, its his server.

If someone comes to you for help, please take a screenshot because that person obviously has no idea what an idiot you are.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:04 pm 
Site Admin

mindzx wrote:

I hope he is trolling us. I find it difficult to believe someone can be so dimwitted.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:24 pm 

Slot Zero wrote:
mindzx wrote:

I hope he is trolling us. I find it difficult to believe someone can be so dimwitted.

You and me both haha.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:47 am 

cobalt wrote:
Anytime you stop people from free speech,

The butthurt is strong with this one. Here we go again with the free speech bullshit argument. He tried the same thing at QuakeOne.com and everyone basically dismissed him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:08 pm 
Site Admin

Hmm, do you think I should wear the pink eye shadow or the purple today? I better not catch you in my undies draw again, Cobalt. You silly rascal! I know you wanna sniff them while in black face.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:42 pm 

truth be told I prefer purple!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:12 pm 

I agree with Mindz... purple suits you better Slot! ;)

Post subject: Re: I have serious mental issues
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:15 pm 
Site Admin

cobalt wrote:
Removed my post , no one wants to read a Trolls comments.

So he was trolling us after all!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:46 pm 
Site Admin

In case anyone was wondering, Cobalt edited everyone single thread he posted on and removed its content and then posted that he indeed was trolling us all. So, I deleted all his posts. He still has an account, but I imagine he's much too cowardly to post and apologize to this great community. Then again, how can we ever believe his sincerity?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:08 am 

Slot Zero wrote:
In case anyone was wondering, Cobalt edited everyone single thread he posted on and removed its content and then posted that he indeed was trolling us all. So, I deleted all his posts. He still has an account, but I imagine he's much too cowardly to post and apologize to this great community. Then again, how can we ever believe his sincerity?

Believing anything the q1 community says is hit or miss now days, sad huh? I am forever sincere in what I do or say though, and I couldn't tell you the last time I flat out lied to a fellow Quaker.

Cobalt was mad I didn't defend his posts being manipulated by you, whatever it was you had done, since I was his friend he claimed he figured I would have lambasted you.

I told Cobalt that I don't consider racist people my friend, and that could have been the straw that broke that camels back. I can't believe half of what I read now days.

So what happens if the gofundme fails to meet its goal? Back to plan A?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:27 pm 
zop.runequake.com

Slot told me he will start wearing the fishnets and working the street corner again if it fails.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:23 am 

Zop wrote:
Slot told me he will start wearing the fishnets and working the street corner again if it fails.

:up: sounds kinky :up:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:16 pm 
Site Admin

That was in confidence, Zop.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:40 pm 

Slot Zero wrote:
That was in confidence, Zop.

Guess I shouldn't mention what else Zop told me :oops: