Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

In a winner takes all FFA, which player wins ...
Magnesium 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Smooth 44%  44%  [ 8 ]
Toyo MR2 28%  28%  [ 5 ]
WeirdQ 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Yugo2heck/Hex$Angel 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 18
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:02 pm 

Excellent Chuck...I'm still on the traditional free for all kicking ass. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 5:39 am 

We1rdQ:
"As far as Toyo he's a excellent RQ player but has never beat me once in a DM that when had several times.."

I would normally not respond, but multiple people have posted that they've beaten me yet I felt some have not fully disclosed the facts, leaving people with an inaccurate impression. At some point, I have to defend myself.

The ClanRing DM games have to have taken place at least 2 years ago and there was not a series of matches.

The poll asked for the best standard runes player among the choices given. ClanRing DM is not Rune Quake and you know that. Your statement is akin to saying, "He's an excellent Rune Quake player, but I'm a better cook."

Admittedly, our last 1 on 1 Rune Quake game happened some time ago, but you did not or was not able to play your normal level and it ended one sided. I ended the game when you complained that you weren't trying.

Your play is excellent, but your attitude is not. Few people have beaten you because you are known to leave immediately after you lose your rune after an extended run or when you don't do well. On more than one occasion, as I closed in on 50, you've left complaining of lag, that you weren't trying or that I was cheating.

Whoever voted for me, thanks, but my vote would go to Smooth.

--
toyo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:31 pm 

From my standpoint, longtime 56k user, Smooth or RYU would win, or Slot if he played like he did about 5 years ago. Wierdo would probably have to use a bot to win, then would claim it was the power of his mac that helped him. Crazicracker is pretty good too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 4:20 pm 
Site Admin

In all reality, I think I would have to say that if 5 games were played containing all of the players Baker mentioned, I doubt there would be more than two games won by any single person.

I've yet to discover any one player who hasn't lost a game. While mastering all of the runes is a skill, there is a great element of randomness that occurs in Rune Quake. I'm sure many of you have gone into a game and endlessly picked up weak rune after weak rune, or faced an opponent who keeps getting great rune after great rune, or vice versa.

As for the "who can beat who" argument, I don't think it was Baker's intention to judge any one player against another. I believe he was more interested in the final outcome of what happens when his list of players went up against each other. Therefore, just because one player can regularly beat another, doesn't necessarily mean the losing player couldn't obtain victory in Baker's theoretical gang bang.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 4:58 pm 

We1rdQ wrote:
I would but i nolonger play Quake if you see me on there it's very rare anymore...If you would like to join me at my new game UT2K3 I will play you... :twisted:

I will take ya up on some UT2003!! Check out these servers...

66.43.172.51:6666
66.43.172.51:7777

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:44 pm 

Ok first place I don't use a MAC! I have a high end pc .... 2ndly I don't use a bot...3rdly Toyo if you want me to return for a game to prove it to you i will gladly do so...We will have a friendly DM and there will be no gimmy players and your shafting problem thats going to help you defeat me...I don't know how many time i have asked you to play and you make up some false excuse but have plenty of time to beat up on RQ players that arent very good...Step up to me on DM6 and get yourself smacked back down... We will play for your rice burner car so i can run it over a hill... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:13 pm 

I voted for Smooth. I trade wins with the others, some days I win, some days they win, except for Smooth who always wins. Probably some of those others mentioned later in the discussion are unbeatable too. I wouldn't expect anyone to vote for me, since I don't really have much of a reputation in RuneQuake land.

Now, Weirdq was definitely running the RichMark QuakeBot client the only time he ever connected to my server. Maybe that was the only time he ever used a bot. Yeah, maybe. Or maybe that was just one of the many friends/neighbors/relatives/pets who use his computer (and his "Weirdq" name) when he's not there. Yeah, that's probably it.

I've never tried to push anybody to IHOC for a match, mainly because I don't do matches or tournaments at all. I play for fun; "serious" competition (read: "serious camping at the red armor on DM6") just isn't fun for me. Fun for me is moving around a lot, slacking off when I'm ahead, giving HPBs and newbies a chance, and skipping the cheap frags. On my own server I always ping +100 at least, +200 or +300 if there are high-pingers present. I don't run a server to humiliate people by winning 50-0 with 1/10 their ping; I do it so I can tune the game settings to suit my playing preferences, and to give back to the community that's provided me so much enjoyment over the years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:43 am 

Yugo..

I met you on a server a few years back and you mentioned your server.. I went there. Had a few good games.. It was laggy I was dial up.. truthfully the speed was excellent at the time even for dial up.. to this day your still a great guy. Glad to see your still around ;Þ Umm no I'm not sucking up..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:34 pm 

Heh.. I just want to say one thing.. To those of you who don't know how to play DM, or just plainly suck at it, you can just say you don't like playing DM instead of saying "sitting @ RA is lame". If you actually knew what DM is, sitting at RA on DM6 won't get you anywhere, sit there, get your RL and RA while your opponent can get SNG\GL\LG\Mega\RL\Ammo and snipe from the 2 entraces (NG Area\Health Hall Way). It's not about camping.. It's about playing with a different strategy, other than rushing and spamming rockets. Nowadays, most "Hardcore RA Campers" on DM6 are new to DM6, they do it because they don't know what else to do or that's what they think they should do. When I played my first DM 1on1s I believe it was with Ryu or KingDing, a LOA member anyways, and he told me to ALWAYS Camp RA... ( wasn't a good tip eh? ) I learn on my own later on how to play a good 1on1. And if you think camping the RA is bad, wait till you see what some of the HardCore players are doing now. TIMING ITEMS. RA\RL1\RL2\LG\GL. Good Luck getting a weapon when the weapon spawns a second after the player gets at the location and all you have to defend yourself is an AXE\SG\SSG\SNG.

Anyways, you guys should maybe play a little more Deathmatch, it's good practice, it's fun once you got the hang of it, and there are other fun 1on1 levels... dm2\dm4\e1m2 etc.. And teamgames are plenty of fun as well. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:30 pm 

I play DM on the following servers...

Quake
QuakeWorld
Quake II
Quake III Arena
UT
UT2003

Been a DMer for many years. I still suck though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 4:38 pm 
Site Admin

I think a lot of people think DM means ClanRing (aka CRMod++), but that simply is not true. A DeathMatch is when two or more people fight against each other to the death. With respect to gaming, you respawn and start the process all over again.

The majority of Quake mods are deathmatch mods, and that includes Rune Quake. Some alternative modes of play are capture the flag, counter-strike, and team fortress.

CRMod might be the mod of choice for playing 1v1 and team deathmatch tournaments, but it's no more of a deathmatch mod than Rune Quake is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 7:12 pm 

What?! I'm not that list????
Blah! My money is on Slot. He is the only on that seems to play fair! Back in the day.

here is my order:
1. Slot
2. Smooth
3. WeirdQ
4. Ryu
5. Toyo
6. Jewbie
7. War
8. Quazy
9. Your's Truly (Ronin)
10. Fossil

Post subject: Cough Cough
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:51 pm 

LOL !! Did someone forget about ME???
I PUT WINDOWS 98 BACK ON MY COMPUTER SO TIME TO LOAD UP Q1 TO OWN YALL.......... muwhahahaha

Post subject: Re: Cough Cough
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:55 pm 

Magnetar wrote:
LOL !! Did someone forget about ME???

You were mentioned.

Baker wrote:
6. Magnetar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 11:07 pm 

yeah but the thing is is that I totally destroyed all those people. only person comparable to me was l3fty he owned. but he didn't own me. WHY THE SHIT AM I BANNED FROM WIDOMAKER!! that is so gay, i demand to be unbanned.!!!

anyways
what's up with DM
any alive servers to that?? any other servers besides widomaker still alive

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 12:30 am 

"yeah but the thing is is that I totally destroyed all those people"

You certainly did, at least all of the games I saw you play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 2:24 am 
QUIT: March 06, 2006

Think Total Quake is probably the second most active server. Check Slot's server list here. The list displays real time information like ping and number of players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 7:16 pm 

hi maggy :)

We played some CRmod a while ago, i'm not sure if you remember me, does the name cc.returd3d ring a bell?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:48 pm 

no i don't even know what crmod is, is that that clanring thing? i sux at clanring lol. i don't remember that name though......but do you know of any nonrune quake servers that are active?

Post subject: Quake drives me -Quazy-!
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:50 am 

I finally registered ! hehe I think the polls on who would win what is pretty cool. For the fun of it I think we should have some kind of tournement to determine who really is the best, that is if it hasnt been done yet, because I have never kept up this these forums and stuff!

To be honest though, my pick would be Gohan. But since he is not around anymore, I think it would be wulf, and a few years ago my opinion would be SLOT. hehe did I confuse you? =) These guys have always amazed me! But it would be cool to find out who really is at the end considered "THE BEST". That is of course if the people who lose the tourny would not be upset or mad, because quake should always be about fun. Anyway if this has not been done yet, what do ya all think and how can we put something like this together? If it has been or in the process of being done, then forgive my stupidity. HAH

Cya all!
-quazy-