Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Widowmaker ruins quake
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:25 pm 

Today, while playing Quake at Widowmaker, I was constantly harassed by
one of the Admin there. Admittedly, I camp at times, but only because I have to play with a very high ping and sometimes very bad lag. Admin does not take that into consideration, which at times a players disadvantage should be. But today I noticed that another player was camping and he suffered no harassment at all. I can only assume that he must of been a friend of the Admin. Plus there are a few players at Widowmaker that have the cheater pak2 advantage and I see that they suffer no harassment. If camping is such a no-no there, then why aren't the runes that promote camping taken away.... cloak, camo, etc.? It seems that there is a double standard of unfairness at this server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:45 pm 

I was there for at least some of that, Wido is becoming a complete joke. As soon as certain admins log in the fun ends. They don't even play, they just watch for ANYTHING. Too busy watching HPB's camp a little while LPB's go nuts. Stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:19 pm 

I understand where you guys are coming from and I wish there was a populated server that allows camping (camping is 100% permissible @ Shmack, at Gooland), but I don't think you understand why they have the rule.

The rule doesn't benefit LPB's, they wil win anyway. In a heated game, a camper is the winning players biggest friend making it difficult for the second tier players to get armor and weapons.

It is the developing players that "no camping" rules protect because it allows them to get the rocket launcher and the armor every once in a while.

What is a shame isn't that Widomaker doesn't permit camping -- it is within their right to have such a rule -- but rather that there isn't another server that allows camping that gets enough players.

http://www.GameStatus.Net stats, http://www.GameAholic.Net Q1 servers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:04 pm 
Site Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:32 pm 

You might want to post this at tltq.com where we can address the issue properly, without tacky, desperate adverts all over the place!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:10 am 

I would allow it at eternal dread, but X-men took it down because nobody went there. Maybe if he is still doing servers then you could post a reply to him about it asking him. I am not able to work on it anymore and it wasnt really as good as wido's runes or deadzone's but if someone is willing to work on it also that is a go by me. anyone have any thoughts on this?

EDIT: or if someone else wantsto run it...

SpeakNow.QuakeOne.Com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:11 pm 

"You might want to post this at tltq.com where we can address the issue properly, without tacky, desperate adverts all over the place!" - Ben.

What admins don't seem to realise is that people play how they want, regardless of the rules, at least to a point. If wido allowed campers from today, I doubt anything would change, people would still play as normal, I wouldn't change how I play, I'd camp no more or less. And Ben, the debate was tried, admins just ignored what the players said and made more threats, and now I'm banned from the forums anyway for having an opinion. Can hardly blame people for shutting up and not drawing attention to themselves. I shoulda learned that from the LPB campers who didnt talk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:47 pm 

Rimmer, you might ask Slot if he will make you an admin @ Shmack. You could help him get the server going again.

http://www.GameStatus.Net stats, http://www.GameAholic.Net Q1 servers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:36 pm 

Ben wrote:
You might want to post this at tltq.com where we can address the issue properly, without tacky, desperate adverts all over the place!

The problem is that if anyone asks about camping on tltq.com, the admins pop in and say "Camping is camping, STFU" and close the thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:36 pm 

rimmer?

What "was" your frag ratio there? Just curious.. 400 ping? I have to say that when Viper was running his head hunter mod.. I loved that game.. I had a 300+ ping with dial up.. But.. the game was fun and the group was fun... Had to ride alot of legs though.. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:38 pm 

I agree though. there ARE other servers... Runecentral is one.. That allows camping.. I'm sure we can all get together during your playtime and romp around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:06 am 

"What "was" your frag ratio there?" - pita bread.

I dont know actually... I'd get 15 - 20 a round if I was trying... and a win every 4 months or so haha :)

But ratio... dont know how that works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:02 am 

Comere.. I'l Bread your Head!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:04 pm 

is that a promise :)~