Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Widomaker
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:30 pm 
Earlier this week I was kicked from the Q1 server bridge.widomaker.com and can't get back on. I'm not exactly sure why, and I certainly was not given a warning about anything. I did kill one guy twice in the same location, perhaps 15 seconds apart, so is that what I was kicked for? If that is the reason, then it was because it was a small level (DM6) and not because I was camping. Can anybody help me or put me in touch with someone who can? I am lost without widomaker. Thanks!

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:42 pm 
QUIT: March 06, 2006

This isn't the board for Wido. You should post HERE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:44 pm 

Lost w/o widomaker?? Hmmm.. ya need help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:04 am 

Maybe he was banned from the wido forums for askin a question like I was diaz you moron.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:49 pm 

Yeah what he said!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:13 pm 
QUIT: March 06, 2006

He posted and the issue was resolved.

Thanks for your interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:43 pm 

Oh stop.. We can have fun with him if we want so Pfffffftttttt!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:27 pm 

:wink:

Post subject: Another Refugee from Widowmaker
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:45 pm 

I was evicted from widow yesterday. Never been evicted from any game before. Even today, I can't get in.

Sure, I camp. But I get killed dozens of times whenever I play. Without me, there'd be no easy scores. The most I've ever scored at widow was 15, sometime last week after all the hemisemidemi-gods of quake left. My average score on widow is probably around 3, but I feel good with any score over 5 (if I've played the whole game at widow).

I camp because I'm older, I have slower reflexes, and with tri-focals, my vision isn't all that great. My mouse sucks, too; I'd replace it, but I'm so dang far in debt that I really can't see wasting $10 on a mouse - I'd rather use it for gas for the car. I play Quake in the evenings, after a long day at work, when I'm already tired, so I know I'm at a disadvantage. I also know that I have absolutely no chance of winning, but I like blasting opponents now and then and that's why I play. I can picture a few of my less favorite co-workers and blow them to pieces without getting in trouble (no, I don't work for the post office).

If you can't win despite campers, maybe you're not as good as you think you are.

I know I just joined this forum, and I wouldn't mind sticking around (I have some other questions not related to this thread) and throwing in my 2 cents' worth from time to time, but I'm not supposed to curse so I won't, at least not directly <heh heh heh>.

This is for the guys over at widow: as far as I'm concerned, you can **** my rosy red ****** (think anatomically and alliteratively) and ***** my **** before I ever play on your site again. I've already removed it from my connection script which lists sites I enjoy playing at so I can connect to them while playing.

Thanks for letting me rant....

Slainte!

Starbuck
(no, not the coffee guy!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:03 am 

Starbuck, I believe camping should be allowed, but the admins have the right to decide how the server is run and, as guests, we should follow the rules set forth.

I understand your argument that you don't make much of an impact and although you present a moving personal story, camping is camping.

I hope you end your boycott by the time you are reinstated and that in the meantime, you take out your "aggression" on the other servers.

toyo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:04 am 

Starbuck....

You know we look at players as individuals on DeadZone and Rune Central.. "You" were allowed to park at both places. As we could see your "cough cough" lack of Quake Skills. :) I like getting to know the players style and "why". Let us know what times you normally play? We even have nights of "MY House" on Deadzone.. I have no camping skills so I'm one of the ones that gets to run around taking you out :) DM4 is good for that as well as Start :) Those are the two maps that are great for that game. I've been doing some remodling so haven't been on as much.. But.. I can catch a game here and there :)Tues, Thurs nights and Sat are good. Mild camping should never be a problem on any server..Bump em, Kick em.. but banning shouldn't be involved in anything but hostility,cheating, or total disrespect. And for pete's sake.. get their attention first. We all have the tools to do that.. Take the time.. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:22 pm 

Starbucks, you represent the paradox known as "camper's conundrum".

Campers always want to camp on a server that no one else is allowed to camp on. Campers don't ever want to play on a server that allows camping. Camping is only fun when you are the only one allowed to do it.

There are some servers that allow camping in addition to quake.shmack.net.

1) max.essentrix.net
2) cql.essentrix.net
3) quake.ihoc.net
4) ihoc.essentrix.net

Pita says camping is allowed at DeadZone; I haven't heard that one before but maybe the rules changed there.

http://www.GameStatus.Net stats, http://www.GameAholic.Net Q1 servers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:12 am 

Baker wrote:
Pita says camping is allowed at DeadZone; I haven't heard that one before but maybe the rules changed there.

Baker, We have allowed mild camping by low end players for over a year now.. And PK, Undy,Maj, have always had a round or two of "My House" .

Starbuck does move around.. I've noted him to sit for one-five shots get killed then start again.. but.. he always gets shot.. He is one of the players I try NOT to shoot. Makes my game more interesting. I found it way to easy to pick off the easy shots to score the frags.

Post subject: Widow & Camping
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:29 pm 

Thanks to all of you for your kind explanations of all matters Quake-ic. I'll try not to camp in places where players get reborn or in places where there's lots of ammo or health. That should limit things, doncha know?

Regarding the sites Baker listed that are more accepting of camping - if I am playing Quake and I go to the console, can I change sites just by saying <connect max.essen . > (or some other site name), or do I have to use the URL numbers? If I need to use the numbers, is there an easy way to learn what they are for each site?

Thanks,

Starbuck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:07 am 

I just do ....

> CONNECT MAX.ESSENTRIX.NET

so you don't need to remember numbers.

( Numbers suck. :x )

http://www.GameStatus.Net stats, http://www.GameAholic.Net Q1 servers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:36 am 

Starbuck you could also have an alias file that you edit with all the servers you like.. for example...

for shmack.. I just type shmack in console..
Deadzone = DZ
IhocRocket = ihoc1

etc..

Baker.. perhaps if you put up and area on how they do that? But perhaps with a Sample Autoexe and Alias? Maybe? I have some really old servers in my Alias. lol. Never cleaned it out. :(

Post subject: Re: Another Refugee from Widowmaker
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:27 pm 

Starbuck wrote:
I camp because I'm older, I have slower reflexes, and with tri-focals, my vision isn't all that great. My mouse sucks, too; I'd replace it, but I'm so dang far in debt that I really can't see wasting $10 on a mouse - I'd rather use it for gas for the car. I play Quake in the evenings, after a long day at work, when I'm already tired, so I know I'm at a disadvantage. I also know that I have absolutely no chance of winning, but I like blasting opponents now and then and that's why I play. I can picture a few of my less favorite co-workers and blow them to pieces without getting in trouble (no, I don't work for the post office).
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Funniest shit I read in a while.
I remember this guy, pleasure to play with. PLEASE come to shmack if you reading this, we need great guys like you. :wink:
-T.