Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Macarena
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:31 pm 

This is an old map I used to play. I like it a tad better than RA, except the server settings for this map are meant for a free for all base game, unless Slot or someone else could pull something off. This map is called Macarena

You start out in a spawn room or entrance

From there you have a choice of 4 arenas to go to. You an your opponant could pick one of the four. Or most likely you go where everyone else is playing..

Here is the first arena, there's really no names for them, just by arena description.

Big Arena

-- This is the biggest arena they have, you can fit about 6 or 8 players in here, it can get crazy sometimes, but just for 1 on 1, the fights can be rather long and tiresome from long distance aim that's hitting nothing.

Water Arena

-- One of my personal favorites actually. It's all focuses on pure direct rocket aim and dodging. Some individuals usually give up and yank out the super nail gun.

Main Arena

-- This arena is usually the default arena. Kind of perfect size; not too big not to small. Most players are usually around this one a lot. Some of them will decide to leave this one because the wait is forever and go to the other 3 areans.

Dark Arena

-- Probably the smallest one. It makes up for it with the four pillars on each quadrant. It's fun to play in this one, but only if you loved to play hide in seek in the dark in your childhood.

How do you load up on Ammo ?

There are trap doors in each arena.
To gain access to these arsenals, you have to look for the activiation switches that are somewhere around the arena. They are usually are on the top walls except for the dark arena which is on the ceiling.

Once you fire at the switch, the trap door will open from underneath. There's enough amunition for both players, red armor, weapons ammo, health etc. Even after each round, the winning player goes back down there and picks up the medical box, and is now ready for another round.

Waiting...
After you die, you'll end up in the spawn room, so you go back to the arena and wait in line. The closer you are to the teleporter, the closer you are to back to playing. NO CUTTING !! =P

Once you are in line, you just wait until its your turn. Go through the teleporter after the match. If you go through it during the fights, prepared to get fragged or yelled out for being gay.

Starting...

Since its really hard to do a server countdown in this map, like in RA. Someone will have to launch a gernade to the side, once it goes off then both can start. If both individuals launch, then wait until the last one goes off.

There are many ways to be really gay and newbie at this map. I rather now list them all out because I don't want to give any ideas. I'm sure if this map is in rotation, someone will discover how ! :)

Check out this map sometime, it can be really fun. Sort of like practice almost. I would run it on zero time limit and frag limit, but I don't think this map will ever get played, it wouldnt hurt too much to try it though.

Thanks,
z0r

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:39 am 

Macarena is a really cool map. My opinion of it is that it isn't really appropriate for a public server because of the spawn points and because it is really 4 maps in one. BUT if you are playing among friends then it is easily one of the best maps ever made for Quake. You can decide which arena to go to... then let loose.