Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Configurations?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:12 am 

Why is it that almost everyone thinks their config is the best and that they have to argue about it. I am sorry, but I AM NOT YOU! Everyone always says they can fix this, they can fix that, or they know what is wrong, or try this, or try that. Well so far only a couple of the people that I know I have trusted and they were right. But there are still other issues that cannot be resolved and we don't know why. But there are also other issues too that people just don't seem to know how to read for some reason. I mean come on, what part of "NO KEYS LEFT" don't you understand? Or, "Sorry I have everything set for my hands NOT YOURS!" Then we still come to the FACT that several people still have to argue about anything they can just to annoy people. Well, I gave up on the arguing, I just leave and annoy them because I left. When people LEARN to READ then maybe it would be worth the argument, until then, I will keep my config the way it is, making minor changes here and there, but keep in mind, we are human, we don't have 104 fingers, and since most of us use a mouse that means 104 fingers on one hand. Nuff said!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:25 am 

I never encountered anyone telling me how to setup my config nor do I tell people how they should.

The top row of letters are reserved for my quick switch (Dual Weapons) while the middle is based on my colours and settings. The bottom row is just a bunch of stupid speaches that I hardly use.

It's all a matter on what you're used too. :wink:

Post subject: What you are used to.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:29 am 

Thanks, I wish more people could see it that way. But so far I have found a bunch who don't. It would be different if I asked for help, but do we really need to PUSH it?
Your reply is WELL taken. Nice to know there are some who understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:32 am 

But I don't... This has never happened to me :lol:

Post subject: Re: Configurations?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:24 pm 
QUIT: March 06, 2006

EGO wrote:
Why is it that almost everyone thinks their config is the best and that they have to argue about it. I am sorry, but I AM NOT YOU! Everyone always says they can fix this, they can fix that, or they know what is wrong, or try this, or try that. Well so far only a couple of the people that I know I have trusted and they were right. But there are still other issues that cannot be resolved and we don't know why. But there are also other issues too that people just don't seem to know how to read for some reason. I mean come on, what part of "NO KEYS LEFT" don't you understand? Or, "Sorry I have everything set for my hands NOT YOURS!" Then we still come to the FACT that several people still have to argue about anything they can just to annoy people. Well, I gave up on the arguing, I just leave and annoy them because I left. When people LEARN to READ then maybe it would be worth the argument, until then, I will keep my config the way it is, making minor changes here and there, but keep in mind, we are human, we don't have 104 fingers, and since most of us use a mouse that means 104 fingers on one hand. Nuff said!

Here, here... same goes with people telling me to use mouse. I tried it 3 times, hated it, so f off. :D

Real Quakers use KB! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:35 am 

Well DZ, it looks like you see things the same way as I do. I still play using the keyboard once in a while. But when I do, I use the name EGO. At times I can play better with the keyboard. I use the mouse mostly now, but once in a while I will be on another PC so I will use the keyboard and play that way. I will admit that I liked the keyboard, and when I had a REALLY HIGH ping (425+) the keyboard worked really well. Now with a ping less than 60 the mouse is almost a must. Anyway, gotta do what you gotta do, and play the best you can with what you like. Old School is often the best way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:46 am 

Quote:

Wow, those people must have gotten to you. Why are you worrying about such a thing as arguments over config files. These arguements must have been deep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:08 am 

Well, yeah they kinda did. Several of them would sit and say how stupid EVERYONE is for not using their Config, and they would say how stupid people are for not doing as they say. Now I don't take things personally for the most part, and usually get a kick out of it, but when they just KEEP going and going and going......... It really makes you wonder if they are there to play or just to make themselves feel like a GOD by calling people stupid and saying how good they are. But yet I SUCK most of the time, and they cannot beat me consistantly. Then there are those who start mouthing my family and others family's. And when I say mouthing them I mean things like everyone's wife is a whore and they are going to do things to the family's of the ones who do not go with what they say. And it that doesn't get you, they try flooding or nuking. And all of that is just because I said "NO!" Personally I think they should have said "NO!" to other things a LONG LONG time ago. People like that need to get a LIFE and Drop the BS and let some of us Play as we are supposed to.
Nuff Said!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:38 pm 

Lecturing people when they don't need lecturing is pretty annoying (when you're the one being lecture). Yesterday (i think) I was on rocket arena and I used the shotgun the entire time. I kill "Player" and he went on and on about how I'm being cocky thinking I'm really good but I'm not and such. Guy must be new because he thought he was hot shit and I use shotgun most of the time.

Just felt like adding that, guy was hilarious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:05 am 

snipez is cocky; cocky as they come :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:21 am 

sure am, try killing me without a rocket :lol:

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:41 pm 

its ok snipez, we all know u come for the mind games, not the fragging. its okay, you're good at it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:12 am 
zop.runequake.com

diazoild uses keyboard? I thought I was the last one to give it up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:16 am 
QUIT: March 06, 2006

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:34 pm 

Having the best config is crucial in winning at Quake.

You have 2 choices, either adopt "the best" or go with what you feel comfortable with and evolve from there.

People perform differently with diff. configs, sometimes switching to a new better one takes some adjusting at first, but it will carry you further then your previous one (if you stick with it). As with learning anything new, it is rather discouraging at first, but rewarding later, when you do succeed with it, and you feel you are finally doing something right.

Pushing your ideas onto people is wrong, but if they ask for it, I always share everything.