Rune Central

Page 1 of 1

Author:  hexed6 [ Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:33 pm ]
Post subject:  capture_mp3

I'm having fun capturing AVI's in Quake, but I can't get capture_mp3 to work. The video is rendered fine, but has no audio if I turn on capture_mp3. Also the filesize goes up phenomenally, I was actually hoping the size would go down using MP3 compression. I'm using the Lame ACM MP3 Codec. Also tried Fraunhofer, but no dice. What gives?

Author:  Jozsef [ Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:34 am ]
Post subject: 

yea I also had some troubles with it after reinstalling windows coz I couldn't find a working mp3 driver which would support ACM since JoeQuake uses windows's built in ACM module. You may try this codec and see if it works

Author:  hexed6 [ Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: capture_mp3

hexed6 wrote:
... I'm using the Lame ACM MP3 Codec. ...

Heh, you linked to the codec I'm trying to use. ;)

Author:  Jozsef [ Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:28 am ]
Post subject: 

bah damn.... seems like something's missing still either a driver which would get the ACM module to communicate with the audio codecs or hell knows what...
these crazy world of codecs always makes me confused =|

Author:  hexed6 [ Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

Well thanks for the help. I think I'll just compress the output myself, looks like it will be easier. The Lame ACM MP3 codec is listed in my audio codecs list in Windows, and other programs can use the codec without problem... I don't get it.

Author:  Jozsef [ Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:59 am ]
Post subject: 

you could try something for me coz this is gonna be a possible bug: use "developer 1" to see what mp3 codec is used. It will print what codec is going to be used for mp3 compression then it immediately fails with the error message "no ACM filter found capable of decoding mp3".
I have tried installing the above mentioned lame mp3 codec which I'm sure have the guts to ENCODE mp3 so it _should_ work. The problem is the codec won't be used even if it's installed correctly. This is happening since JoeQuake uses the first found mp3 codec.... I know this is bad and I guess I already knew back when I was coding it into the engine just didn't bother =|
But now I should.
So for example you have 2 mp3 codecs one can only decode mp3 the other one can encode/decode and JQ finds the one that can only decode first and is going to use that one and there we go.... I'm 99% sure this is your problem. So I need to fix it.

Author:  Jozsef [ Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:44 am ]
Post subject: 

fixed the bug, also fixed another bug which occured during the bug tracking hehehe :)

I can't promise when I'm gonna release a new version I've got plenty of things I'd like to add/fix...

Author:  hexed6 [ Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:44 am ]
Post subject: 

Cool and awesome. Awesome and cool. Thanks. : )

Doncha love how you just happen to run into bugs you didn't know existed, you're just like "that's not right..."

Author:  hexed6 [ Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:20 am ]
Post subject: 

Was playing around with it again, turned on developer mode, as you said it was trying to use the Fraunhofer decoder, so I deleted that (who needs it) and now it's using the Lame ACM codec. It's not giving the "no ACM filter found capable of decoding mp3" message, but still the mp3 track is somehow corrupted or empty... No sound in avi. Note I use the Lame ACM codec fine with other programs.

Author:  Jozsef [ Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:56 am ]
Post subject: 

yea I noticed that too. It's strange because it works with an other codec, like fraunhofer advanced... but still, if it works with other programs the problem should be at JoeQuake's end =|

Author:  hexed6 [ Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:12 am ]
Post subject: 

Indeed this would be a hard issue to solve, I don't have to look at the source to get an idea. I wouldn't worry about it, really. I've been using VirtualDubMod to do MP3 compression after capturing the AVI. Good enough.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group