Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hey Joe!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:04 am 

when trying say something using the "T" feature thats default

when I try to talk using the T button , all the text is wrong from my key strokes
it begins out as a bunch of ............ dots then it begins showing the begining of what I was trying to say
OR
instead of showing bunches of .......'s , it showes unaccurate keystroke text.
when i press the ENTER Button to send the say command
it comes out just fine like nothing was ever wrong,its just in the preview portion of hitting the "T" button,as I look at what im typing,what I see isnt what im typing.

god I hope that makes SOME sort of sense......

Also , I would like for my JoeQuake to KEEP the High Quality settings , Im in love with JoeQuake's graphical enhancements but everytime I close the JoeQuake client out, and re-open it,im back on the default settings which arent too spectacular.

I tried making a demo of the problem as it was happening [while I typed] but it only recorded what I had typed after hitting the enter button

If you dont understand what im saying , I will make a screenshot of this exact phrase

" JoeQuake is the best quake client ever "

the screenshot will be BEFORE hitting the Enter button , as thats where the problem lies for me,its in the preview portion

also , im downloading FuhQuake right now, can someone explain to me how to enable the textures n stuff found in FuhQuake into JoeQuake ?

I know JoeQuake is nearing its final version but I cant live without JoeQuake anymore , it's too freaking pretty to pass up the chance of getting my JoeQuake running flawlessly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:20 pm 

Here is how to do the textures ... download them from FuhQuake.net (.com?) or get them from the Quake Retexturing Project ( http://www.quake.cz/winclan/qe1 ) site then follow Joe's instructions

Jozsef wrote:
Yeah, i should've created a detailed documentation about this... I didnt thought my engine will get this popularity :)
create a "textures" folder in your id1 or joequake directory and copy/extract all textures there. There are further possibility for gropuing textures:
/textures/bmodel - brushmodel textures, like health boxes, shell boxes, etc.
/textures/model - alias model textures, .mdl's
/textures/<mapname> - textures for given map, example ztndm3

The 3 main bugs as far as I can tell are:

1) The player model gets turned into a decapitated head in the current JoeQuake when doing multiplayer (weird and makes it almost impossible to fight players)

2) The echo thing you and Toyo mentioned

3) Advanced effects settings not preserved session to session.

But those bugs are only things Joe himself can handle :(

http://www.GameStatus.Net stats, http://www.GameAholic.Net Q1 servers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:13 pm 

Yeah, I messed up this echo thingie, just found the bug and fixed it (it was only a single character typo :)
But hell, back when toyo mentioned this bug I didn't find it, coz I was searching around the say command as he stated not knowing he was meaning messagemode instead. Whatever.

About the #1 bug: I don't see your problem. It works fine for me, I tried and I see the player.mdl. Maybe it's a rune mod that doesn't cooperate with JoeQuake. Yes, I made some changes with the way how these common alias models get send through the server, so errors are acceptable, but maybe not my fault.

On the 3rd, again, what do you mean with this? I guess you're referring for the unsaved configs again. As I already said a hundred times previously, make an autoexec.cfg OR use JoeQuake's config saving features. See the joequake.txt or the features page for more info. Search for cfg_savevars variable.

thx for the bug reports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:46 pm 

Joe, problem #2 is *quite* real. I have been using JoeQuake for months and then when I downloaded the latest version the models eventually change to the fragged head model.

Several players have reported having this same problem.

http://www.GameStatus.Net stats, http://www.GameAholic.Net Q1 servers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:14 pm 

http://nygmafiles.essentrix.net/quake%20movies/head.mpg

Post subject: #2 Problem & #3 Problem
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:49 am 

#2 - This isnt a RuneQuake Mod *only* problem , It's occured in RocketArena and thus,rules out that this is a RuneQuake or "Mod - Specific" problem.

#3 - I load up JoeQuake , and put my settings on High Quality and exit the menu system and proceed to do whatever it is I wanted to do in JoeQuake. I'm done for the day,or atleast for the time being and close JQ. When I go to reload JoeQuake back up ,its back on Fast Mode settings and require to be re-set to High Quality settings. This has nothing to do with .cfg files I think , I dont know ima freakin idiot....but if it does then maybe you could elaborate...

forgive me if im bringing up a already mentioned issue, and you have explained how to fix it a thousand times... I read joequake.txt and found nothing mentioned about what im looking for,which is the VIDEO settings remaining in-tact as I set them the previous time I loaded JQ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:40 pm 

try this:
after doing all the changes/set ups you just wished, type:
cfg_savevars 1
writeconfig mycfg.cfg

then close the game, restart it and type:
exec mycfg.cfg

it ought to work

btw, I've fixed the player model->head model bug and planning to release a new patched exe tomorrow with the 2 bug fixes which occured in this latest release

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:46 pm 

I released bugfixed executables, check the page.