Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Demo name tab completion problem
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:11 am 

Hello again :D

Here's another thing that probably means trouble if you should decide to fix it... It affects both software and GL versions.

The tab completion for demo names is awesome. However, if one tries to play a demo from another directory, the completion goes nuts.

"playdemo ../er/e4m2_028" works just fine if you type it manually, but it doesn't work with completion... Press tab and everything you've written disappears! I don't even know if it's something worth fixing, maybe I'm the only one who keep different demos in different directories...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:06 pm 

heh, yea
this only works for single demo names, w/o directories included. Use the demos menu instead is all I can suggest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:24 am 

Yeah, the menu is great, searchable and all. But one problem is that it won't work above the quake dir. I myself have got one quake installation for running and one for watching so if I've run a demo i need to copy it to the joequake installation before i can use the menu to play it...

Heck hear me whine... I'll live with it! This is not a problem. :oops:

What I would like to request though is that the command that plays the demo if you use the menu is put in the console buffer as well! That way if we want to watch the demo again, just pull out the console, press up and enter.

Or how about a command to restart a demo when it's playing? If you could bind a key to restart the currently playing demo, that would be awesome! There is a restart command, how about a restart_demo command!

And PS for you Jozsef. You've done some great running lately, congratulations on e4m5, e4m2 and e1m2. I wonder what you will do next... I'd rather it was a menu for a project, but that's just me ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:58 am 

Mandel wrote:
What I would like to request though is that the command that plays the demo if you use the menu is put in the console buffer as well! That way if we want to watch the demo again, just pull out the console, press up and enter.

No! Please, no! :)
There are nice "shortcuts" (console commands, which can be binded) for menus like menu_main, menu_load and, of course, menu_demos. You can bind it to an "any" key. When you enter (using this key) into demos menu again you'll have last watched demo selected. Then ENTER and voila!
Compare: "~ up-arrow ENTER" vs. "key ENTER".