Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JoeQuale - Major Problem (w/console & menu)
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:15 pm 

Hi everyone!

So, I started playing Quake again - which is awesome. I found that it looks much better in GL, so I switched to that.... but the brightness was way too low and I couldn't change it. Which led me to find JoeQuake.

I've installed it successfully and it DOES run... but I've encountered a few game-breaking problems:

-I can only access the menu/console ONCE. After that, if I hit escape (to go to the menu), I get a dark dark grey screen. If I hit escape again, I go right back into the game, no problem. But no menu.

-OK, I thought, I'll use console commands... I bring down the console with ~ and it does come down... but it is all a greenish color with no text or input area. Basically, that is null too.

Between these two problems... the game isn't really playable. Anyone know what might be wrong?

The third (less significant) question I have is: how do I disable the timer running in the upper right hand corner? I definitely don't want that on while I'm playing... I looked through the readme but I didn't seem to see anything relating to "timer"...

Thanks guys!

Post subject: Re: JoeQuale - Major Problem (w/console & menu)
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:39 am 

silentmatt wrote:
The third (less significant) question I have is: how do I disable the timer running in the upper right hand corner? I definitely don't want that on while I'm playing... I looked through the readme but I didn't seem to see anything relating to "timer"...

Thanks guys!

Try show_stats 0 or scr_printstats 0. One of those should remove the timer.

The other problems you are having may be related to your video card. You might try updating your video card drivers.