Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New to JoeQuake - a possible bug?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:59 pm 

Hey Joe, I love that you made this client. It's great to see visual enhancements from FuhQuake implemented with NormalQuake.

I just wanted to point out one thing, however; I noticed that when using joquake-gl, and changing the status bar to the old-non transperent-Hud (cl_sbar 1) the part of the status bar that contains the ammo/weapon information seems to get screwed up a little. Not a huge problem, but if you get a chance to look at it that'd be great, I'm just so used to this status bar, that using the one that shows up on the right seemd awkward. The only setting I've really tested this bug out on is using a resolution of 1024x768 with a conwidth of 320.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:21 pm 
quake.intertex.net

yes, i have noticed this bug aswell but it only happens when using 24bit textures, try -no24bit on the command line and u can resize from full screen down without the texture bleeding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:07 pm 

Ok, that works, but the main reason I want to use JoeQuake is for the eyecandy and the 24bit texture support. Do you know if this problem ocurrs in FuhQuake as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:27 am 
quake.intertex.net

yes it does..

maybe in your cfg put viewsize 90 or whatever that way u dont have to resize...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:41 am 

Well, I think I figured out the source of the bug; it's the ibar.png texture that's being used. This is the one that Jozsef made, I believe, and since it's invisible (nice to use when you have the sbar on the right) it causes texture bleeding when the sbar is in the original location.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:03 pm 

well, it wasn't made by me, I just included in the wad pack on the page. Try to get/make a better one if it annoys you, or just remove the alpha channel from the picture, so that it won't be transparent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:23 pm 

oh, i thought you made those joe, sorry. I'll try the alpha channel thing, I didn't know about that, and am not quite sure how to do it. But that sounds like the ticket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:53 pm 
quake.intertex.net

Hmm, ill look at the png, but that texture on my setup is the ceiling on dm3 over nailbox room

Last edited by sputnikutah on Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:28 pm 

I don't think this can really be fixed. The problem is that when you use the qw style sbar (located on the right) you have an effective viewsize of 120. With the original style sbar you have a viewsize of 100, if you wan the ibar (weapons/ammo info) showing. So the problem is that if you're using an ibar.png that contains alpha (transparency) information then the ibar is trying to be transparent with nothing behind it. This is why the ammo numbers keep writing over itself. Anyway I think the only way to fix this problem would be to keep the transparent ibar displayed when you increase the viewsize from 100 to 110.

Or to simply allow the viewsize to always be 120 and the sbar and ibar simply hide the bottom part (if they're not transparent). But there's a problem with that because you wouldn't be able to see as much of the screen...