Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: textures/bmodels + textures/md3skins questions
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:07 am 

I am trying to learn some more about the various weapon looks/armor models/etc etc. (And maybe organize a small library of weapon/item models / skins / textures .. they seem to be scattered all over the place, no centralized source )

1. Are there existing models/textures/whatever for JoeQuake that are like the Telejano ones (like the transparent rocket box). I think I have seen these in Tenebrae as well.

I was examining the files and they do not appear to be quite the same format as the JoeQuake ones.

Not a big deal if there aren't or if this isn't possible, it's really trivial but if they exist someone or if it is possible to do this effect I'd like to know.

2. Yellow No. 5, in his full texture set, had a textures/md3skins folder. It appears to have files in the same format as Telejano, yet they didn't appear to work in JoeQuake or QRack.

What is that folder for and what does it do? Does only QRack use it?

3. Just messing around ... amateur hour:

I wanted to understand how the model textures work (I was trying to convert the Telejano type models, until I realized they aren't the same format) and making one was a nice walkthru.

The Telejano types are all-in-one: Image

Maybe they are even using a different cell box mdl file? But I don't see one in the Telejano pack file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:32 pm 

Quote:
1. Are there existing models/textures/whatever for JoeQuake that are like the Telejano ones (like the transparent rocket box). I think I have seen these in Tenebrae as well.

that's just a different model. I remember i tried it out once too. It just replaces the old, it should work.

Quote:
2. Yellow No. 5, in his full texture set, had a textures/md3skins folder. It appears to have files in the same format as Telejano, yet they didn't appear to work in JoeQuake or QRack.

What is that folder for and what does it do? Does only QRack use it?

JoeQuake doesn't support that dir, so it should be QRack but ask Yellow.