Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:48 am
Posts: 392
Location: Hey look! Secret Message!!!!
one more thing that you could concider working on Joseph (if you already havn't and I missed it):

the ability to scroll up and read the messages without it resetings to the begining whenever there is a quake message (like someone says something). It's annoying expessially in rune quake where it's noisy

_________________
If you see me online, say Hi :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:48 am
Posts: 392
Location: Hey look! Secret Message!!!!
For the sake of old yeller to stop bugging me on msn, I show appreciation to all Quake Engine programmers. Now to go back to my glpro

_________________
If you see me online, say Hi :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:09 pm
Posts: 252
Location: Hungary
Quote:
the ability to scroll up and read the messages without it resetings to the begining whenever there is a quake message (like someone says something). It's annoying expessially in rune quake where it's noisy


there would be some ppl complaining for the opposite then. I know.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:48 am
Posts: 392
Location: Hey look! Secret Message!!!!
well I just ment an option that can be toggled (if not already done). I usually read the messages when they happen tho so it's not too big a deal. (maybe this is why I keep dieing)

_________________
If you see me online, say Hi :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:47 pm
Posts: 61
Location: England
I've got 2 good features you can borrow or steal :P from Ezquake

1. Steam effects on Slime and Lava :twisted:

2. Rain, if you've seen any Quakeworld videos you can see rain in the outside areas if you could add rain to Joequake that would be awesome :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:41 pm 
Offline
quake.intertex.net
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:39 pm
Posts: 243
Location: Kansas City!
Joe: you might wanna look at your name maker code again. It's updating the setup name but not cl_name....

Code:
void M_Menu_Setup_f (void)
{
   key_dest = key_menu;
   m_state = m_setup;
   m_entersound = true;

   Q_strncpyz (setup_myname, cl_name.string, sizeof(setup_myname));//Update from the cvar
   Q_strncpyz (setup_hostname, hostname.string, sizeof(setup_hostname));
   
   setup_top = setup_oldtop = ((int)cl_color.value) >> 4;
   setup_bottom = setup_oldbottom = ((int)cl_color.value) & 15;
}


Code:
   case K_ENTER:
      if (namemaker_cursor_y == NAMEMAKER_TABLE_SIZE)
      {
         Q_strncpyz (cl_name.string, namemaker_name, sizeof(namemaker_name));//Sput: update cl_name string
         Q_strncpyz (setup_myname, cl_name.string, sizeof(setup_myname));//Sput: update name in setup menu
         M_Menu_Setup_f ();
      }
      else
      {


Ranger:
Qrack beta version 1.54
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:48 am
Posts: 392
Location: Hey look! Secret Message!!!!
[drools at the steam and fog effects] I WANT :lol:

_________________
If you see me online, say Hi :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:47 pm
Posts: 61
Location: England
That looks awesome! *worrys about pc*


Last edited by Ranger on Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:10 am
Posts: 76
Location: Portugal
Jozsef wend will be +set viddis... out? i realy need that ficture pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

_________________
http://trinca.no.sapo.pt


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:42 pm
Posts: 158
Location: Croatia
sputnikutah wrote:
Qrack beta version 1.54
Image
Image

HOLY COW :shock: ! where can i get that? i tried http://www.quakeone.com/qrack and its not there..

_________________
RocketGuy


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:34 pm
Posts: 121
wait,wait i think i see a difference in the 2 look a likes pics. :D :D :D

_________________
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:47 pm
Posts: 61
Location: England
gamefreak wrote:
wait,wait i think i see a difference in the 2 look a likes pics. :D :D :D


The second pic has celshading, a new lava texture and fog :wink:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:34 pm
Posts: 121
hehe nm i was talking about something else.

_________________
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:45 pm 
Offline
quake.intertex.net
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:39 pm
Posts: 243
Location: Kansas City!
The gl_fog command is now public from nehahra, same is in joequake if u use -nehahra on the command line, (something like that, if u want, look into the dox). No, its not on the website cause at the moment, depending on the gfx-card, celshading locks up :shock: I removed it; added it removed it again, tweaked it and testing it again :P

it looks really cool u you wanna make a XIII mod for quake1...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:54 am 
Offline
quake.intertex.net
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:39 pm
Posts: 243
Location: Kansas City!
Joe,

when exiting out of quake all edited servers in server list dont get saved.

This code will fix that
Code:
void SList_Load (void)
{
   int   c, len, argc, count;
   char   line[128], *desc, *addr;
   FILE   *f;

   if (!(f = fopen (va("%s/servers.txt", com_basedir), "r")))
   {
      if (!(f = fopen(va("%s/servers.txt", com_gamedir), "w")))//R00k if not there create it!
      {
         Con_Printf ("Couldn't create servers.txt\n");
         return;
      }
   }

:wink:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:34 pm
Posts: 121
eh thats way to much for me 2 type. :evil: :( :? :?

_________________
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:48 am
Posts: 392
Location: Hey look! Secret Message!!!!
lol gamefreak, you wouldn't survive as a programmer with that attitude :lol:

_________________
If you see me online, say Hi :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:34 pm
Posts: 121
hehe :D :lol: :D :lol:

_________________
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:09 pm
Posts: 252
Location: Hungary
Quote:
Joe: you might wanna look at your name maker code again. It's updating the setup name but not cl_name....

Code:
void M_Menu_Setup_f (void)

{
   key_dest = key_menu;
   m_state = m_setup;
   m_entersound = true;

   Q_strncpyz (setup_myname, cl_name.string, sizeof(setup_myname));//Update from the cvar
   Q_strncpyz (setup_hostname, hostname.string, sizeof(setup_hostname));
   
   setup_top = setup_oldtop = ((int)cl_color.value) >> 4;
   setup_bottom = setup_oldbottom = ((int)cl_color.value) & 15;
}


Code:
   case K_ENTER:
      if (namemaker_cursor_y == NAMEMAKER_TABLE_SIZE)
      {
         Q_strncpyz (cl_name.string, namemaker_name, sizeof(namemaker_name));//Sput: update cl_name string
         Q_strncpyz (setup_myname, cl_name.string, sizeof(setup_myname));//Sput: update name in setup menu
         M_Menu_Setup_f ();
      }
      else
      {




The name maker menu shouldn't update cl_name.string. It only gives you a more pleasant way to create your name if you don't know how to type the extra characters from keyboard. The name saving is done ONLY when one presses the "accept changes" button in the setup menu.

Quote:
Joe,

when exiting out of quake all edited servers in server list dont get saved.

This code will fix that
Code:
void SList_Load (void)
{
   int   c, len, argc, count;
   char   line[128], *desc, *addr;
   FILE   *f;

   if (!(f = fopen (va("%s/servers.txt", com_basedir), "r")))
   {
      if (!(f = fopen(va("%s/servers.txt", com_gamedir), "w")))//R00k if not there create it!
      {
         Con_Printf ("Couldn't create servers.txt\n");
         return;
      }
   }




The problem with the server list was that it hadn't saved the file if it wasn't exist. But this is fixed in build 1146.

Quote:
Jozsef wend will be +set viddis... out? i realy need that ficture pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Smile


the upcoming version will include it.

I might add that steam effect, but I'm not sure...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:10 am
Posts: 76
Location: Portugal
Jozsef thks :) this is something i´m waiting a few years in a single player client...

_________________
http://trinca.no.sapo.pt


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group