Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: We have runequake member banned
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:07 pm 

Slot Zero:

We have a Rune Quake member of many years known for fierce competitiveness that has now been found banned.

Often in the heat of terse battle moments we find ourselves unloading on other players. This happens to us all that play long enough and this player has sometimes been the recipient of others unloading harsh words. This player's skill is above standard level in regular Q1 play and sometimes enjoys playing fellow teammates without the use of Quad and Pentagram. Sometime this player has turned off runes as is an option at Shmack. It may be that arriving early and finding server empty that this player has chosen to remove all runes from time to time. This player has not been the only one to do so. It happens.

Whether or not those Quad and Pentagram runes are turned on, player has faithfully remained a Shmack Rune Quake member for numerous years and always gives top quality competition with a lesser amount of mouthing off than many.

Quake is as many have referred to on the Q forums in it's sunset years. I do not know if this ban is for a short or long period but would request that we be allowed to know the penalty and whether or not player will be allowed return to play. Others have spoken to this subject and have expressed they want said player back to add numbers to make for good games and longer play.

I personally am not a friend to this player but said player knows there is respect on my behalf towards our duels.

My observation is that this player evidently upgraded to a higher or newer ISP connection which adds to the frustration of now being banned. Current ip address is known to be 66.189.48.x

Respectfully,

S

Post subject: Re: We have runequake member banned
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:49 pm 
Site Admin

I appreciate your taking the time to post, but why isn't the person who was banned explaining this? I was made aware of the ban and the ongoing issue surrounding it, but it would be nice for all parties involved to work it out here on the forums.

Thanks for reaching out,

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:20 am 

I want to thank Ez and Gem for supporting me in this and Satoon for his post. I hope that this will be resolved and would wish to know how to do so. I donated because
this is one of the last servers active and hoped to keep it up. I also know most do not care for me and thats fine all i wish to do is play

Thanks for all

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:54 pm 

sarah wrote:
I want to thank Ez and Gem for supporting me in this and Satoon for his post. I hope that this will be resolved and would wish to know how to do so. I donated because
this is one of the last servers active and hoped to keep it up. I also know most do not care for me and thats fine all i wish to do is play

Thanks for all

Yeah most seem to not like me either since I win most maps 99.x% However do enjoy a good challenge and look forward to playing you again! Gem is one that gives me a good run-- there are several others (Dee Killah) and various name changers that wish to stay anonymous.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:49 pm 
Site Admin

We can resolve this very quickly, but I would first like to hear exactly what happened from sarah. I sent a PM yesterday asking for details, but received no reply. Anyone who has something to say negative against sarah, please do so now and in this thread otherwise don't complain later.

Thanks,

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:31 pm 

Slot,
I would gladly tell you if I eben knew what happened or why this has happened. I changed my provider from DSL to cable and now am not lagged on the
server. I had played perhaps a week or so and was doing better because of it. The day it happened and honestly thr time period prior I had hardly spoken
to anyone as I played. I left the server that evening and upon returning found I was banned. I do not know why and am would if fact like to know myself.
I will not deny I am sometimes prone to being hot headed in the course of the games as I am sure you are aware.I do use your no vote so I am not bothered
with the constand voting. Please let me know why I was.

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:09 am 
Site Admin

You were banned because it was believed you were hacking using a pak file or toggle bot. However, I have yet to personally see any evidence of this being the case so I unbanned you. Unless someone wishes to come forward and reveal evidence that we can all examine or discuss, I see no reason why you were banned and for that I apologize.

If you or anyone for that matter is ever banned please come to these forums and announce it to defend yourself.

Also, if anyone else suspects someone is cheating please report it here. You're welcome to e-mail/PM me, but I much prefer the accusation be out in the open so that the remaining players can put their two cents in, like Gem and Killa did here.

Our community isn't getting any larger, so we must learn to respect each other or at the very least try and get along. I apologize I am not active on the server to patrol and make sure everything is fine and right now I only have one admin who is doing the best he can.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:31 am 

I wanted to thank you for the help Slot it will be good to be back in the games. I hope this server is active for a long time.

Thanks again

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:23 pm 

Slot,
I had did not ask and was wondering who my accuser was as I think I have a right to know. If not then be that as it may.

Thanks again

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:15 am 

Slot Zero wrote:
You were banned because it was believed you were hacking using a pak file or toggle bot.

Gee-Wizz-Wally... I was laughed at when I mentioned the use of toggled bots. :roll:

IHH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:07 am 

You should have been as no one uses a toggle bot that i know of.....somethings never change I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:56 am 
Site Admin

IHATEHUMANS wrote:
Gee-Wizz-Wally... I was laughed at when I mentioned the use of toggled bots. :roll:

Haha!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:17 am 

IHH doesn't use strafe keys or backwards.

So he can only move forward in the direction he is looking.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:17 pm 

AMAZING