Rune Central

The Official Rune Quake Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rquake Engine Source?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:14 am 

Hey RocketGuy, can I get a link to your ProQuake-R source that has the FRIK_FILE support?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:34 am 

Only through SVN, and its not finished yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:15 pm 

RG, did you implement EBFS?

Just wondering. Adding FRIK_FILE is a breeze, but I wanted to add EBFS and some of the code didn't look right in the tutorial.

Yeah, I know about the source on the SVN, it only had the sv_dmflag and ipmasking.

What does the "QUIT!" command do, by the way?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:19 pm 

IIRC, it quits without asking you to confirm quitting...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:19 pm 

@Baker yes I did implement EBFS, it broke QCCX (or QCCX broke it :P) so had to do deqccxation, so If you put EBFS in PQ360 RQ won't work with it. We need to make Slot stop using QCCX.

@Lard yes YRC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:50 pm 

RocketGuy wrote:
@Baker yes I did implement EBFS, it broke QCCX (or QCCX broke it :P) so had to do deqccxation, so If you put EBFS in PQ360 RQ won't work with it. We need to make Slot stop using QCCX.

@Lard yes YRC

:(

FrikFile alone doesn't break QCCX, right? Or does it?

I'm just looking to see what I can implement in Unofficial ProQuake 3.60 that keeps compatibility with everything, including on the server side.

By the way, if you have any ideas for that let me know. Feel free to contribute to that. Maybe we could share the RQuake SVN and create a folder for it? I'd like to have a single, more powerful ProQuake server unified by the everyone (if possible).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:46 am 

RQuake 1.3 won't work without EBFS, Frikfile aren't the only builtins I've added, RQ1.3 won't work on regular proquake(3.50), it's designed to work with PQ-r and DP if possible (any client can still connect).

Slot get rid of QCCX dammit :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:12 pm 

Well, one of the downsides of that (RQuake requiring EBFS) is that I'd like to see a universal ProQuake server that can run any traditional mod.

CRMOD, CRCTF and presumably CA+ are closed source mods that wouldn't work on your Proquake-r server. I'm sure there are others, although I would expect them to be few in number (of ones that really matter).

CRMOD is something I hope to eventually be able to replace with a deQCCX'd RuneQuake. I've noticed some of the shortcomings of CRMOD, it is a very good mod but the slow weapon switching is annoying and the limits of 10 custom maps as well.

I have to admit the value of CRCTF is low since Rook has a better one and xCTF could be strengthened. And the value of CA+ is somewhat low because CAx can be put in "low splash" mode and CAx is far superior in all other ways.

Progress ... it's slow, but at least it is happening :D

RocketGuy wrote:
Slot get rid of QCCX dammit :evil:

I agree. ProQuake 3.50 server is getting outdated. Not even Slot Zero uses it as it comes "out of the box".

The only benefit of QCCX is that you can use ProQuake 3.50 cheatfree server with it, because ProQuake 3.50 cheatfree is digitally signed. Since ProQuake cheat-free is easily compromised with opengl32.dll cheats and other things, the ProQuake cheat-free is obsolete and of very limited value in it's current implementation.

LordHavoc hacked the Linux security module as an experiment and connected DarkPlaces to a cheat-free server, he said hacking the Linux security module was trivial.